Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 01:05 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghhgg View Post
it is not him.u.s.a. has a coach that has no clue what tactics is.players need clear instructions what to do on the field,and bradly looks lost and clueless so it is only natural that it transfers to the players to.u.s.a. needs a new coach who knows how to maximize players skill.and i don't think klinsman is the answer maybe one of coaches from netherland

It's not who? I called out several players for their less than "world class" effort. I agree with you that Bradley may be in over his head, but at this level, how much "clear instruction" should an international player need? Some of these guy's are making big $ playing in Europe at the club level (with success), they should have a pretty good idea of how the game works. That I don't put on Bradley. Basic trapping, ball control, passing, getting back on defense after giving the ball up (Beasley, Dempsey, Altidore) is not happening. That's individual effort that is falling short.
Bradley needs to "manage" the team better, not just coach. Just because a guy plays in the EPL should not mean an automatic starting job with the national team. If a player is not getting the job done, Bradley needs to sit him and give someone else a shot. Someone that might actually care. That's not coaching, that's managing. He won't be let go this close to a world cup. So don't get your hopes up. But if they are 3 and out next summer, we will have someone new again.
Both the coaching staff and a majority of the players need to get it together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 01:11 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
bradley needs to go............

Old 06-18-2009, 01:37 PM

184 posts, read 132,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
It's not who? I called out several players for their less than "world class" effort. I agree with you that Bradley may be in over his head, but at this level, how much "clear instruction" should an international player need? Some of these guy's are making big $ playing in Europe at the club level (with success), they should have a pretty good idea of how the game works. That I don't put on Bradley. Basic trapping, ball control, passing, getting back on defense after giving the ball up (Beasley, Dempsey, Altidore) is not happening. That's individual effort that is falling short.
Bradley needs to "manage" the team better, not just coach. Just because a guy plays in the EPL should not mean an automatic starting job with the national team. If a player is not getting the job done, Bradley needs to sit him and give someone else a shot. Someone that might actually care. That's not coaching, that's managing. He won't be let go this close to a world cup. So don't get your hopes up. But if they are 3 and out next summer, we will have someone new again.
Both the coaching staff and a majority of the players need to get it together.
english players are world class,but when sven and steve were coaches they had no motivation to play and were clueless and couldn't even get to the euro cup.but now capello is a coach and they are new players everybody knows they position and what they are suppose to do.geet a dutch coach and you will see great improvmant

Old 06-18-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
english players are world class,but when sven and steve were coaches they had no motivation to play and were clueless and couldn't even get to the euro cup.but now capello is a coach and they are new players everybody knows they position and what they are suppose to do.geet a dutch coach and you will see great improvmant
Ok, I'm lost. I thought I was talking about the US team.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:50 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
Quote:
I think he's saying the U.S. should pursue a Dutch coach for the USMNT.

Is Scolari still unemployed?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:00 PM

184 posts, read 132,512 times
Quote:
what i am saying is that you can have superstars on your team but if you don't have a coach who can motivate you and tell you clearly what he expect from you when you are on the field you will fail.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:29 AM

37 posts, read 56,457 times
Quote:
what i am saying is that you can have superstars on your team but if you don't have a coach who can motivate you and tell you clearly what he expect from you when you are on the field you will fail.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:41 AM

37 posts, read 56,457 times
Quote:
Well the US just took a 3-0 loss to Brazil. Could have easily been 5 or 6 to nil. Don't agree with Kljestan's sending off so that did'nt help matters. What I need to figure out is our striker situation. Dempsey (I'm a fan of Clint's) seems like he wishes he was somewhere else. No fire at all in his game. When he loses the ball, he just seems to stand there and lets someone else go after it. Not good. And am I missing something regarding Jozy Altidore and Conor Casey? I know Brian Ching is out with an injury, but this is the best the US has as central strikers? Altidore looks so inaffective against world class defenders (Brazil and Italy) and Casey in the last WCQM against Honduras was just awful. And I wish they would stop forcing players like DaMarcus Beasley on us and telling how world class they are. He's not. He can be if he wants to, but like Dempsey, he shows to be very lazy out there.
Please don't get me wrong, I would love to see the US do well in every international competition. Some of our guy's are playing their butts off (Spector, Donovan, Howard, Onyewu, Bornstein), but some just don't seem to care. Maybe it's the coaching. I was a big Bruce Arena fan and was bummed when they let him go. They seemed to play with a greater passion under him.
Whatever it is, I hope they get it figured out before next summer, or it could be ugly with a tough first round draw.
I like Dempsey, but like you said, somethings not right. He just doesn't seem motivated to do anything. He has some good touches on the ball, but again, he won't chase after someone after loosing it. I will say that I'm enjoying watching Spector and Onyewu. They are having to put in a lot of work, and are proving why they are on the team. And on the Beasley issue. I don't know why Bradley's starting him. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a sub spot, but that's it. I guess they could start Freddy Adu in his place to give speed and move Landon up some more. Jozy is still fairly young, but I think he will come around some time or another.

I would like to see more emotion in Bradley (coach). Take a look at the other coaches and you can see a huge difference.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. I agree with you on that.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:02 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,349,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Is Scolari still unemployed?
Apparently he manages in the Uzbek league!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer