Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 05:40 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,235,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Ochoa was right
I would hardly refer to what I saw today as a display of Mexican football superiority. They won. 2-1 on a late broken play goal. Wow. They are supposed to win at Azteca. They always do. When they beat the FULL US squad by 4 or 5 goals in a match NOT held at Azteca, then he can spout off about how "superior" they are. Until then, they are just another team trying to qualify for the World Cup like everyone else. Too bad they can't take Azteca with them to South Africa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:25 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,504,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
They were booing the american national anthem hahaha
You find that humorous?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:16 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,441,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Nice to see the Mexican "fans" showering Landon with cups and bottles while trying to take that last corner kick. Truely a class act. Way to go Mexico. What a bunch of idiots.
Lol in a game like this what do you expect.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
How about a little class? American fans are always respectful of Mexico's national anthem when the game is played here.

Oh well, with Honduras' win last night hopefully the Mexican fans enjoy still being in 4th place.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Yeah I agree with you. Respect, class, sportsmanship, etc are words that apparently do not translate well from english to spanish, at least to a bunch of Mexican football supporters who think it is acceptable to **** in a ziplock bag and throw it at an opposing teams bench/players. Ha ha, great fun there! Nothing says "have a good game" like booing the visiting teams national anthem (feel free to catch the next bus south nasuba, if it's really that funny to you).
I guess it's a cultural thing to a extent. I know a few Mexican guy's here in Phoenix (go figure) that would rather see the US national team's plane go down than to see them do well at the world cup. Not kidding. In contrast, I would like to see someone from CONCACAF actually step up and make a good showing, be it the US, Mexico, Costa Rica, whoever. There are several players on the Mexican side that I do like and have great respect for so I would not hold them accountable for the behavior of their rabid, Corona soaked, **** bag filling, bottle throwing, national anthem booing fans. Although as I alluded to in a previous post, I'm not counting on too much from Mexico (if they do make it), because they will actually have to play in a stadium other than Azteca. Have fun with that. Lining up against the Dutch or the Germans on a pitch 5000 miles from home might be a little more difficult than beating up on El Salvador at a 7200 foot elevation. Again, have fun with that...

Old 08-13-2009, 10:41 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,419,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
I would hardly refer to what I saw today as a display of Mexican football superiority. They won. 2-1 on a late broken play goal. Wow. They are supposed to win at Azteca. They always do. When they beat the FULL US squad by 4 or 5 goals in a match NOT held at Azteca, then he can spout off about how "superior" they are. Until then, they are just another team trying to qualify for the World Cup like everyone else. Too bad they can't take Azteca with them to South Africa.
Last time in the gold cup it was 5-0

YouTube - Mexico vs USA 5-0 FINAL Copa Oro 2009 Champions Gold Cup SKY SPORTS

Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
And in the '02 World Cup -- where it counts the most -- it was 2-0 USA. It was also 2-0 USA this past February. Mexico is still in 4th -- on the outside looking in, unless they can beat the CONMEBOL opponent in a playoff. I think Mexican fans would still rather be in the U.S. position.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelling fella View Post

%0

Last edited by Travelling fella; 08-14-2009 at 09:02 AM..

Old 08-14-2009, 10:15 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,320,512 times
Donovan got swine flu from the cups full of urine and vomit that the Mexican fans threw at him. Keep it classy, Mexico.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:09 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,950,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
...I think Mexican fans would still rather be in the U.S...
yeah, that's been obvious for sometime now, hasn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer