Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:30 PM

117 posts, read 344,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Big game in KC this weekend. Unfortunately, I am headed to OKC as my wife is running in the marathon.

LA is hot but KC has shown they are a strong team and possibly one of the best in the league. They outplayed Seattle only to get stung on a goal in stoppage time (should not have been allowed).
I was at the game. Why shouldn't it have been allowed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 10:58 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,974,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakyco View Post
I was at the game. Why shouldn't it have been allowed?

The throw-in was taken 10-15 yards ahead of where the ball went out. That happens a lot but not to that extent. It was blatant and ridiculous. The goal never would have happened if he had taken it in the right spot. I had my hands up yelling as soon as the throw-in was taken.

The Director of Officiating for US Soccer has even come forward and said that the sideline ref should have called it back.

“The referee needs to be aware of where that ball went out and especially at that time of the game in the attacking third,” U.S. Socccer director of referee development Paul Tamberino said to mlssoccer.com. “The referee needs to take the lead there. The assistant referee knows that in the waning seconds of the game his focus needs to be on where that second to last defender is. So the onus comes on the referee.”

Old 04-22-2010, 05:03 PM

I can't argue with you there. I actually didn't see where the ball went out as I was sitting in a spot where I couldn't see the sidelines . I just saw the throw-in and score. I haven't been able to get to many games so still trying to find my "perfect spot".

Different question:

Where in KC is the new stadium being built? No, I've never been to KC but am somewhat familiar with the area as I love looking at maps and have actually considered moving to the area. Do you think leaving Community America ballpark will be good, bad or indifferent?

I know it's not really a great soccer stadium but the grassy hillside seating appears to be unique enough where I think it would actually be fun.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:14 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,554,268 times
Just got back from the Fire-Dynamo match. Great game, though the ref got a little card happy toward the end. Usually the Fire lay an egg at home against teams from Texas. In fact this is the first time we've beaten a Texas team at home since opening Toyota Park in 2006. Wow.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakyco View Post
Different question:

Where in KC is the new stadium being built? No, I've never been to KC but am somewhat familiar with the area as I love looking at maps and have actually considered moving to the area. Do you think leaving Community America ballpark will be good, bad or indifferent?

I know it's not really a great soccer stadium but the grassy hillside seating appears to be unique enough where I think it would actually be fun.

The stadium is being built right around the corner from Community America Ballpark, right across the street from Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Leaving CAB is going to be great! The stadium is going to be state of the art.

CAB has a lot of issues. The field is tiny, the views from many seats are terrible, the scoreboard has a screen that no one can see, it only holds 10K, etc. I could go on and on. It's okay for what it is but I cant wait to leave it.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:32 PM

What's going on back east?

NY with 5th win in only 6 games (Last season it took them the whole season for 5 wins)

DC United still at 0 points.

If this keeps up, you know who will be "coach of the year" (Backe) and Onalfo will get fired from his second club in two seasons.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:17 AM

Onalfo might be on the hot season if they dont win in the next couple of games. They face the KC team that pounded them 4-0 on opening day on Wednesday on ESPN2. I am hoping the Wizards can rebound from a poor performance in Houston.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:07 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,246,033 times
Fire sit 2-2-2, ugh.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:30 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,845,282 times
Oh god this is definitely not TFC's year. Not a good start anyways.. Derosario has to step things up.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:31 AM

2010 Seattle Sounders FC sure isn't doing as well as the 2009 squad.

A 4-0 loss at home to the Beckhamless Galaxy. What the hell is going on???

Sure, the Galaxy are doing good this year but still......losing 4-0 (almost 5-0) at home to them??? Actually, I'm glad I didn't go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer