Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 02:48 PM

3 posts, read 12,108 times

Advertisements

Hello, we are 58 and now have decided to take the plunge and search for a property in Sun City, Bluffton, SC. Does anyone have suggestions on how to prepare for this kind of major life transition? Basically I'm asking advice from those who have experienced a major move to a retirement community, issues that came up, and the stress of leaving family and friends behind, and ways that helped make it a positive experience. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 07:10 AM

4,281 posts, read 12,664,964 times
I have some friends that moved to there from Boston, MA in 2004. They sold in MA quickly so they rented a furnished place at Sun City and stored their furniture while their house there was being built. They love the place. They have a nice circle of friends and never want for something to do. They met their initial friends as a result of him playing golf but then met others in various ways. He says the people there are very friendly. My wife and I visit them several times a year. The place is lovely. I know you will enjoy it. Good selection.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,936 times
Default Going nuts trying to move

We are closing on a house May 30th. I am trying to get my 107 year old Victorian ready to sell. It is in a Historic district in down ton Atlanta. To make matters worst we are going on a three week trip to Croatia April 30th. The house will have to wait to go on the market till we get back.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 AM

192 posts, read 494,004 times
We don't live in Sun City, but some suggestions from our recent move to the area. Get involved, join clubs, volunteer, step out of your comfort area and make the first step of introducing yourself and inviting neighbors in for a drink. You will find plenty of people who are also establishing themselves a new base and are looking for friendships also. Try new things, this is an opportunity for you to grow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina