U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 01:35 PM

3,627 posts, read 13,402,309 times

Advertisements

The South Carolina Department of Employee Workforce has sent me a bill/penalty/and interest for a bill I have already paid and when this first happened and I called they could not explain the charges since I (as required by the system) filed online and paid online exactly what they told me to pay.

In June they said they would "research it" and after several calls on my part I had not heard back. So today I open this most threatening letter from them. I am forced to send them money I do not owe nor ever have owed and need to sort this out later.

Does anyone know where I can go. Not one person at this office has helped me other than "I don't know, it says you owe us money but I see where you filed and paid what it said you owed when you owed it" "Maybe a supervisor will waive the penalties but not the interest"

DAMN, I don't owe them one red cent! They cannot show me that I do. There is absolutely no accountability on their part.

Where do I go now?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina