Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 10:15 AM

4 posts, read 5,781 times

Advertisements

Hello all!
I am an 18 year old girl moving to Myrtle Beach for the summer. I am going to be working part-time and using my CNA (certified nurses assistant) to care for seniors at various homes. I am somewhat familiar with the area as I spent my summers there growing up. But granted I was very young.

I am seeking advice on EVERYTHING related to Myrtle Beach and the area. I am coming from Oregon.

What are safe areas? Areas I should stay away from? Does anyone have experience finding an apartment or guest house on Craigslist? Things to do in the summer in South Carolina? What is the alternative music scene like? What is the night life scene like?

Any information by teens or elders will be VERY helpful! Trying to look at it from all aspects.

**NOTE** Please note that I am aware it is very 'touristy' in the summer and quieter in the off season. Where are good places to meet people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 03:25 PM

467 posts, read 542,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaORourke View Post
Hello all!
I am an 18 year old girl moving to Myrtle Beach for the summer. I am going to be working part-time and using my CNA (certified nurses assistant) to care for seniors at various homes. I am somewhat familiar with the area as I spent my summers there growing up. But granted I was very young.

I am seeking advice on EVERYTHING related to Myrtle Beach and the area. I am coming from Oregon.

What are safe areas? Areas I should stay away from? Does anyone have experience finding an apartment or guest house on Craigslist? Things to do in the summer in South Carolina? What is the alternative music scene like? What is the night life scene like?

Any information by teens or elders will be VERY helpful! Trying to look at it from all aspects.

**NOTE** Please note that I am aware it is very 'touristy' in the summer and quieter in the off season. Where are good places to meet people?
The House of Blues has concerts and gets some pretty big acts. Some of them are probably "alternative"

Socastee is a safe area if you don't mind being a little away from the beach. It is away from the touristy stuff.

You could consider Charleston too, it is a real city with a lot of historic and it is near beaches too. Lot of young people there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina