Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 02:36 PM

106 posts, read 132,431 times

Advertisements

I see liberals are attacking Colbert for bigotry when all he is trying to do is is make fun of all the awful, horrible no good conservatives in the country by acting like one.

Do liberals just not get satire? It seems pretty obvious to me what Colbert is doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 02:39 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,338,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timetrav View Post
I see liberals are attacking Colbert for bigotry when all he is trying to do is is make fun of all the awful, horrible no good conservatives in the country by acting like one.

Do liberals just not get satire? It seems pretty obvious to me what Colbert is doing.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:53 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,246,380 times
Quote:

Of course we know that. He's a liberal. I don't care what state he's from. Why would that matter?

I have met conservatives though, who actually believed his character. I don't think there is any confusion any more, though.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:12 PM

7,102 posts, read 6,011,973 times
Here's the link to the political section: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/

Old 03-30-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Of course we know that. He's a liberal. I don't care what state he's from. Why would that matter?

I have met conservatives though, who actually believed his character. I don't think there is any confusion any more, though.
You don't read the news then. Some liberals are attacking him, for bigotry. lol I guess maybe it is fantasy fullfillment , they know they can't get Rush thrown off radio but maybe they can get Colbert, woh plays a pretend conservative, thrown off Comedy Central. lol

I threw in the SC part to justify me posting that on the SC forum. This is similar to what CD does on here. He has a bunch of political threads that really aren't SC related on here but he finds some SC angle to justify it being on here. I'm just satiring this CD guy who appears to own this website at times.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Here's the link to the political section: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/
Stop stalking me. I'm going talk about what I want to talk about on here, where I want to talk about.

I'm actually making fun of CD on here with my post, who , again, I note that you have never lectured about talking about politics on here. That might be b/c you are leftwing. You can admit you are an Obama fan boy.

This thread is about Steve Colbert. Not you.

Last edited by Timetrav; 03-30-2014 at 03:58 PM..

Old 03-30-2014, 04:10 PM

Here is the link for liberals attacking Colbert as a horrible no good evil raaaaaaaaacist: #CancelColbert: Stephen Colbert accused of racism over Asian tweet

I'm not sure, as a conservative, if I should defend Colbert as I'm inclined to do. Really, it is funny to see him get the liberal race card playing mob treatment, plus maybe I can look less raaaaaaaaaaaacist in the Democrat's eyes by throwing Colbert under the bus with them.

LOL

But is is interesting to note that Colbert can technically say all sorts of inappropriate racist things, for laughs, as long as he does it under the guise of a liberal in character as a conservative. So maybe the liberal lynch mob has a point? Who knows.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:51 PM

2,133 posts, read 2,285,879 times
Quote:
Here is the link for liberals attacking Colbert as a horrible no good evil raaaaaaaaacist: #CancelColbert: Stephen Colbert accused of racism over Asian tweet

I'm not sure, as a conservative, if I should defend Colbert as I'm inclined to do. Really, it is funny to see him get the liberal race card playing mob treatment, plus maybe I can look less raaaaaaaaaaaacist in the Democrat's eyes by throwing Colbert under the bus with them.

LOL

But is is interesting to note that Colbert can technically say all sorts of inappropriate racist things, for laughs, as long as he does it under the guise of a liberal in character as a conservative. So maybe the liberal lynch mob has a point? Who knows.
Oh, the irony.

Never cared for any of those stupid, quasi-political/comedy news shows. Jon Stewart, too. I think its ridiculous some of my friends in college and after continue to watch that crap for their news.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Oh, the irony.

Never cared for any of those stupid, quasi-political/comedy news shows. Jon Stewart, too. I think its ridiculous some of my friends in college and after continue to watch that crap for their news.
They should do general comedy on Comedy Central. I'd watch the channel if it was for everybody.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:35 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,674,797 times
I'm conservative but this is my fav John Stewart

Thank You, South Carolina - The Race to Replace Disgrace - The Daily Show - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Scroll too 4:27 to start and prepare to die laughing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina