Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2019, 12:43 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
DG and FD are giving Walmart a run for its money....ants versus the frog ...the frog is bigger and may kill off a few hundred ants.. but the ants sheer numbers and persistence will eventually bring down the frog....
Family Dollar is still in business?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 01:03 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Family Dollar is still in business?!
Yes, I know at least 3 stores are in Sumter. The Pinewood Rd store was supposed to be replaced, after the new Walmart Neighborhood Market was built. I have seen no sign of a store replacement thus far.

Old 04-16-2019, 04:07 PM

143 posts, read 179,780 times
Default SAFE Office

Last month saw the groundbreaking for a new 36,000 sqft operations office for SAFE on Wesmark in Sumter.

I found the rendering on the M.B. Kahn website. Enjoy!!

Attached Thumbnails
What's New or Coming To Sumter-groundbreaksign-640x427.jpg  

Old 04-16-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtnr View Post
Last month saw the groundbreaking for a new 36,000 sqft operations office for SAFE on Wesmark in Sumter.

I found the rendering on the M.B. Kahn website. Enjoy!!

I saw that also. Safe is really doing it up here in Sumter, they hands down have more branches around town than anyone else. And this location is right across the street form two existing building, they already operate out of. That building would have looked nice downtown.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:09 PM

143 posts, read 179,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I saw that also. Safe is really doing it up here in Sumter, they hands down have more branches around town than anyone else. And this location is right across the street form two existing building, they already operate out of. That building would have looked nice downtown.

Well I don't think this is going to be utilized as a branch per se. It is part of their operations so given their current location it kind of acts as a SAFE office park for the overall organization statewide. But I agree it wouldn't look bad downtown.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:40 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtnr View Post
Well I don't think this is going to be utilized as a branch per se. It is part of their operations so given their current location it kind of acts as a SAFE office park for the overall organization statewide. But I agree it wouldn't look bad downtown.
Yeah. You wonder if the city had a heads up on this effort and could have made the case and or assisted in them locating down there. Maybe on Washington St across from the hospital or even on that site of that vacant gas station that we’ve been talking about though may they would need to acquire some additional parcels to make it large enough or they could just gone with a taller building

Old 04-17-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Yeah. You wonder if the city had a heads up on this effort and could have made the case and or assisted in them locating down there. Maybe on Washington St across from the hospital or even on that site of that vacant gas station that we’ve been talking about though may they would need to acquire some additional parcels to make it large enough or they could just gone with a taller building
It would have looked nice at the corner of Calhoun and Harvin next to the Judicial Center, or where the public works complex is. That would have been a nice anchor building, in revitalizing that whole area there.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:28 AM

Speaking of public works, I was coming into Sumter from East Liberty on my way back from Florence. And talking about an eyesore, the public works complex smacks you in the face coming into downtown. I don't go on that side of town all that often, but coming into Sumter from that direction, the public works complex really really stands out in all it's glory, that's the first thing you see, it dominates the landscape from that direction, and it's a pretty ugly sight to see. You really get to see it in all of it's ugliness from that side. If I can get a pic from that side I will post it.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:33 PM

93 posts, read 89,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I think they need one more Safe bank location. Next to the new O'Reillys by the base on the corner there of Peach Orchard and Broad. I think they have one on base. But we need one on that side of town. I think it's a good spot for one cz you've got people going in and out of Sumter to Columbia for their jobs and so on. Plus, for us on that side of town, the closest one is either Westmark or McCrays Mill.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:48 PM

This the public works building from the east side of it, coming into downtown. What a monstrosity.
Attached Thumbnails
What's New or Coming To Sumter-thumbnail.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina