Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2020, 05:48 PM

12,931 posts, read 9,540,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-Monkey View Post
Ipaper thank you for checking. I just drove by the restaurant at 1pm today and there wasn't a single vehicle in the parking lot. There was also a Coldwell Banker sign next to the road in front of the restaurant. I googled them when I got home and their phone number (803-469-6888) is disconnected. I was hoping that they were just closed for remodeling, but they appear to have gone out of business in mid-late November. It's a bit of a shame as I enjoyed their sushi buffet. I hope a similar restaurant fills that spot, or an Olive Garden

BTW, if you called and got an answer I suspect that it may have been the other Hibachi Grill restaurant farther down Broad St near the intersection of N. Bultman and Broad St.
Ok, you could be right about that. Hopefully something good will replace them soon. It's a great location and seems like a pretty nice building. I couldn't find anything, so maybe they are closed for renovations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 02:06 PM

143 posts, read 177,613 times
^^^ The Hibachi buffet across the street from Golden Corral was a great place to eat 10 years ago and I agree they have (had) good sushi and the Mongolian BBQ was good too. But the last few times I went there the business was slow (on a Saturday night) and the seating was very old, torn and in desperate need of repair. I am still surprised if they are going out of business because IMO, despite the worn seats it is still better than the buffet in front of the Sumter mall. It would be a prime location for an Olive Garden though.

Old 01-05-2020, 02:25 PM

I think I have seen someone on here raise a question on construction on N Wise and Jefferson. I posted a link to what that was a few months ago along with pictures. It was only of the grading so not much to see construction-wise at that time. According to the link from the Sumter Economic Development Council, it is a facility being constructed to attract a company but I don't know if anyone is going to be occupying it when finished. Again, this was a few months ago when I posted the news and pics. Just FYI.

Sumter building to attract new industry, officials say | Sumter Edge | News

Old 01-05-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtnr View Post
^^^ The Hibachi buffet across the street from Golden Corral was a great place to eat 10 years ago and I agree they have (had) good sushi and the Mongolian BBQ was good too. But the last few times I went there the business was slow (on a Saturday night) and the seating was very old, torn and in desperate need of repair. I am still surprised if they are going out of business because IMO, despite the worn seats it is still better than the buffet in front of the Sumter mall. It would be a prime location for an Olive Garden though.
I have seen nothing in the paper saying they are going out of business. And the Item is not always up to date on what's going on.

Old 01-07-2020, 10:58 AM

I noticed this morning, that heavy equipment is clearing the lot next to Burger King on Broad Street. That's a tight squeeze right there at a very busy intersection.

Old 01-07-2020, 02:10 PM

Also activity on N Main and Warren Street. What used to be a garage then Salvation Army then a ghetto convenience store has closed and a major renovation is underway. The 'drivethru' behind the building has new concrete curb work and a large crew turning it into something (???) Anybody know what is in store for the corner of Warren Street and North Main next to the Sumter monument?

Old 01-07-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I noticed this morning, that heavy equipment is clearing the lot next to Burger King on Broad Street. That's a tight squeeze right there at a very busy intersection.
The contractors for this site is Boyer Commercial Construction, from the sign out by the street.

Old 01-07-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Also activity on N Main and Warren Street. What used to be a garage then Salvation Army then a ghetto convenience store has closed and a major renovation is underway. The 'drivethru' behind the building has new concrete curb work and a large crew turning it into something (???) Anybody know what is in store for the corner of Warren Street and North Main next to the Sumter monument?
Didn't noticed that, and I was down there on yesterday.

Old 01-07-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Didn't noticed that, and I was down there on yesterday.
Not much activity on Monday, but concrete truck and several contractor trucks were on site in force today (Tuesday). I live in that area so almost anything would be an improvement from what it was.

On a side note in regards to KMart...looked up property deed for 1143 Broad Street and it returned owner as Libby Dial Enterprises LLC, Im not sure if that is the current owner or transfer of ownership has not been updated yet. Buzzfile.com states that Leslie H. Dial operates under Sumter Cash and Carry. Just FYI.

Leslie H. Dial Enterprises, Inc. in Sumter, SC - (803) 469-9600

http://lansa.sumtercountysc.org:8080...pdetail=detail

Just trying to find information on Hobby Lobby but the Dodge Report provided earlier wants you to pay for the report.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Not much activity on Monday, but concrete truck and several contractor trucks were on site in force today (Tuesday). I live in that area so almost anything would be an improvement from what it was.

On a side note in regards to KMart...looked up property deed for 1143 Broad Street and it returned owner as Libby Dial Enterprises LLC, Im not sure if that is the current owner or transfer of ownership has not been updated yet. Buzzfile.com states that Leslie H. Dial operates under Sumter Cash and Carry. Just FYI.

Leslie H. Dial Enterprises, Inc. in Sumter, SC - (803) 469-9600

http://lansa.sumtercountysc.org:8080...pdetail=detail

Just trying to find information on Hobby Lobby but the Dodge Report provided earlier wants you to pay for the report.
Yes that is true, and good luck in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina