Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2020, 11:18 PM

143 posts, read 179,780 times

Advertisements

Keeping my fingers crossed on a possible development on the old Rite Aid on N Washington. For Rent or For Lease sign has been removed and large industrial dumpsters are on-site. Drove by there Thursday afternoon and saw about 3 or 4 contractor trucks in the parking lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 09:28 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtnr View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed on a possible development on the old Rite Aid on N Washington. For Rent or For Lease sign has been removed and large industrial dumpsters are on-site. Drove by there Thursday afternoon and saw about 3 or 4 contractor trucks in the parking lot.
Yes, I have noticed that also. We have added more vacant buildings around town now since the pandemic, and I'm still surprise the Broad Street old Rite Aid still have no takers.

Old 07-26-2020, 07:32 PM

217 posts, read 239,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Yes, I have noticed that also. We have added more vacant buildings around town now since the pandemic, and I'm still surprise the Broad Street old Rite Aid still have no takers.
Same for the Pinewood Rd building. It's right in front of a Walmart. A excellent location ripe for the picking.

Old 07-27-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalzelldragon View Post
Same for the Pinewood Rd building. It's right in front of a Walmart. A excellent location ripe for the picking.
The asking price for these building is just probably too high, and I would imagine the Broad street and Pinewood Roads location are going for a higher asking than the one on Washington Street. Perhaps things will change once we get this pandemic down, and the economy gets better.

Old 08-01-2020, 03:58 PM

143 posts, read 179,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
The asking price for these building is just probably too high, and I would imagine the Broad street and Pinewood Roads location are going for a higher asking than the one on Washington Street. Perhaps things will change once we get this pandemic down, and the economy gets better.

I don't know if it would necessarily be too high but even at a reasonable price, there are too many things up in the air (no pun intended). If I am a developer, I think I would just "PUNT" for the year 2020. We discussed the COVID but this is also a very contentious election year. Even though we can have growth in election years, this one is so volatile because COVID makes it a One-Two punch of uncertainty. Case in point locally is that Shane's Rib Shack construction and K-Mart renovation into Hobby Lobby looks dead right now. If there is activity it is very modest.

Old 08-01-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtnr View Post
I don't know if it would necessarily be too high but even at a reasonable price, there are too many things up in the air (no pun intended). If I am a developer, I think I would just "PUNT" for the year 2020. We discussed the COVID but this is also a very contentious election year. Even though we can have growth in election years, this one is so volatile because COVID makes it a One-Two punch of uncertainty. Case in point locally is that Shane's Rib Shack construction and K-Mart renovation into Hobby Lobby looks dead right now. If there is activity it is very modest.
Yes I agree, nothing much is going on at the moment. This pandemic is having a major impact on the economy. I saw a guy today standing out on Broad in front of the mall, holding a sign about store closing and everything on sale. I didn't get the name of the store, but yet another retailer closing. I guess it's sort of like 2008 all over again, we just going to have pick up the pieces and start all over again.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:41 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,130,907 times
I drive by the old Kmart every day. In May and June there was basically zero going on there. But recently activity has picked up substantially in the last few weeks.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:12 AM

217 posts, read 239,722 times
Dollar General got approved for Patriot Parkway next to Wille Sue's. DG is one company that is making money during these times with people wanting to quick shop and not deal with bigbox and supermarket crowds

Old 08-06-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalzelldragon View Post
Dollar General got approved for Patriot Parkway next to Wille Sue's. DG is one company that is making money during these times with people wanting to quick shop and not deal with bigbox and supermarket crowds
They pretty got this town and county covered, you don't have to drive far to find one. I saw cranes at the old Fred's earlier this week, look they were installing new A/C unites on top of the building.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:51 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,130,907 times
Funny (but oddly true) story about Dollar General. Me and several buddies make several backcountry hikes or river trips every year. Last winter we were hiking the Chatooga River Trail. It’s the river that serves as the border where SC, NC and GA all meet. Extremely remote. Before we started the trip, we drove to our exit point to leave a vehicle. Literally nothing for miles. We hiked and overnighted on the trail. It rained on us all night and all next day hiking out. By the time we got to the car we were soaked and freezing. We piled into the car but we’re still miserable and wet. It was a 25 mile drive back to the other car at the trailhead. Jokingly someone commented on how desolate and remote the area was and wished we would pass a store to get some dry clothes. Completely by chance I said that once we crest the next hill, there’ll be a Dollar General on the left. We all laughed.

I was wrong. It was on the right.

We stopped and bought new sweatshirts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina