Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2021, 10:22 AM

82 posts, read 73,806 times

Advertisements

Hobby Lobby opened on April 2. I am not sure how many people knew about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 04:08 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaleLopezArce View Post
Hobby Lobby opened on April 2. I am not sure how many people knew about it.
I knew it, my sister told me about it. I saw it from Broad street and the parking lot was packed. I'll probably go browsing one morning when it's less crowded.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:49 PM

634 posts, read 327,687 times
Same. I think my wife and kids went to Hobby Lobby on Friday while I was asleep but I'm not in a rush to go to when it's going to be packed. I'm interested in seeing if they have any Gundam model kits and seeing what there stock of supplies for that kind of stuff looks like but there isn't anything I need from a Hobby Lobby right now that makes me want to rush in. A couple weeks ago I would have been all over it though because my daughter had a school project and we had to make some modifications to our design for it since we couldn't find what we were looking for at Michael's. I told her "Too bad Hobby Lobby isn't open or we'd for sure find this stuff there."
I'll stop by there at some point soon though. It's a good addition to Sumter, I'm sure. It's not anything I'm going to go crazy over though.
Spoiler
And there's also their politics and other issues as a company that makes them off-putting to me, but that isn't a total deal-breaker always. I mean, I'll still eat at Chick-Fil-A and no one has made me turn in my "Liberal Card" yet.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:22 AM

Does anyone have an update on Shane's Rib Shack? I know COVID pushed new locations back a year, but I would have thought we would have seen some progress on it by now.

Edit: Well, it looks like they have a Facebook page already. Their last update was on Feb 11
Quote:
"Hey everyone! New update!!! We had our meeting with the Sumter Board of Appeals yesterday and we're approved to move forward! Woohoo! We are finalizing materials with our contractor and will going through the permitting process with the city next. That shouldn't take nearly as long and I hope to FINALLY break ground soon. Have a great day!"

Last edited by MichaleLopezArce; 04-12-2021 at 10:47 AM..

Old 04-14-2021, 09:07 PM

634 posts, read 327,687 times
Has the gun store on the corner of 441/Peach Orchard and 378 been gone long? I'm not usually driving that direction from the base for too much but anytime I do I usually look over at that parking lot to see if it looks like the boardgame store has a lot of customers, and I have gone to that Food Lion and Subway before work a few times in the past couple weeks. I was on my way back from an eye appointment in Columbia today though and noticed that the sign for the gun shop was gone, so I guess it closed up?

Hopefully something cool opens up there. My thought when Duncan Dogs moved there years ago was that it would be a great location for people leaving base for lunch breaks. Another restaurant should do really well there, I would think.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
Has the gun store on the corner of 441/Peach Orchard and 378 been gone long? I'm not usually driving that direction from the base for too much but anytime I do I usually look over at that parking lot to see if it looks like the boardgame store has a lot of customers, and I have gone to that Food Lion and Subway before work a few times in the past couple weeks. I was on my way back from an eye appointment in Columbia today though and noticed that the sign for the gun shop was gone, so I guess it closed up?

Hopefully something cool opens up there. My thought when Duncan Dogs moved there years ago was that it would be a great location for people leaving base for lunch breaks. Another restaurant should do really well there, I would think.
I'm not familiar with that gun shop, or pretty much anything in that area. Only time I'm usually on that end, is on my way to Columbia, or going on base. There was a pizza place out there, that I heard was good but it was always closed the few times I went out there, and that was before COVID.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post

The Gun Store (Strong Arms) moved to Camden Highway (2100 Thomas Sumter Hwy, Sumter, SC 29153) next to McIntosh Paint and Body Shop, a much larger location.

The game store is almost my second home, as I am a game player/designer/writer. Because of the business the game store does, It would be nice if someone would open a small takeout place there though but I'm not sure what would work as you have a McDonald's and Subway across the street, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Susies Wings, Queen's Caribbean, Sambino's, Sub Station II, a Mexican restaurant, and a chinese restaurant all within a short distance down 441. The building is just too small for a dine-in restaurant, so a takeout only would be good, though not any type of Oriental as Sumter has too many of this type already.

Old 04-15-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I'm not familiar with that gun shop, or pretty much anything in that area. Only time I'm usually on that end, is on my way to Columbia, or going on base. There was a pizza place out there, that I heard was good but it was always closed the few times I went out there, and that was before COVID.
Sambino's was probably the place you are thinking of. Before COVID, they had a car drive into their restaurant so they were closed until they could get it repaired. Then COVID hit. I am not sure if they ever re-opened, actually. Last time I drove by it looked closed, but I don't get by there very often.

Old 04-15-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaleLopezArce View Post
Sambino's was probably the place you are thinking of. Before COVID, they had a car drive into their restaurant so they were closed until they could get it repaired. Then COVID hit. I am not sure if they ever re-opened, actually. Last time I drove by it looked closed, but I don't get by there very often.
Yeah that's it, thanks.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:39 PM

Kudos to the women and men, who were out there on Saturday picking up trash along the roadside. They were all over Sumter, from Lafayette Drive, McCray's Mill Rd, and the area around Central Carolina and Evergreen Memorial Garden. They could have been elsewhere, but those were the areas where I saw them, as I was out and about. Much thanks to them for giving up their time on a beautiful day to help out the community. The city should recognize these groups and perhaps have a BBQ for all these groups who give of their time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina