Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2015, 06:36 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,037 times

Advertisements

For the last few years, I have wanted to open a bagel/coffee shop on Main. But the only location in my mind that would work would be where Seaco Music currently is. Close enough to the hospital, court house, library and attorney's offices. I've looked at franchises like Einstein Bros. and NY Bagel. But I won't just settle for any location. It would have to be Seaco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 12:57 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
For the last few years, I have wanted to open a bagel/coffee shop on Main. But the only location in my mind that would work would be where Seaco Music currently is. Close enough to the hospital, court house, library and attorney's offices. I've looked at franchises like Einstein Bros. and NY Bagel. But I won't just settle for any location. It would have to be Seaco.
Sounds great and good luck, don't give up though.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:18 PM

8,239 posts, read 13,360,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
There was a very early rendering, but could never find it anywhere. The hotel is supposed to have a parking deck with it. I could be wrong, but I believe the city have a restriction on building heights, but with exceptions to church spires.
...To quote the old guy from Wise Drive that wanted to move downtown to Bultman Drive " this is not Charleston."..LOL I don't see the point in restricting building heights...At any rate.. How is the loss of the 600 people from Shaw AFB going to impact the City?

Old 12-18-2015, 08:54 AM

There is an article about the new hotel in todays paper 12/18/2015, it will be called HYATT PLACE.
Attached Thumbnails
What's New or Coming To Sumter-cam00101.jpg   What's New or Coming To Sumter-cam00102.jpg  

Old 12-18-2015, 10:04 AM

1,802 posts, read 2,031,773 times
Having a Hyatt Place on Main St is a great win for Sumter. Hyatt Places are nice and usually have affordable room rates. The new Hyatt Place on Gervais St in the Vista has been a a real boost for the area. Generally, the hotel bars at Hyatt Places are pretty lively, too. This should be seen as a vote of confidence in Sumter's Main Street.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
Having a Hyatt Place on Main St is a great win for Sumter. Hyatt Places are nice and usually have affordable room rates. The new Hyatt Place on Gervais St in the Vista has been a a real boost for the area. Generally, the hotel bars at Hyatt Places are pretty lively, too. This should be seen as a vote of confidence in Sumter's Main Street.
True, and hopefully other good things will follow as a result of the new hotel. I most definitely will be checking out the bar.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Now that the new hotel tell is a go, you should really look into that. And as close to the hotel as possible.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:21 PM

8,239 posts, read 13,360,755 times
Quote:
There is an article about the new hotel in todays paper 12/18/2015, it will be called HYATT PLACE.

Wow.. this is GREAT for downtown.. Im impressed that its a Hyatt Place.. they are usually nice properities.. With the Plaza outside it will make for a welcome addition downtown and complement the Opera House/City Center for events and Weddings.. Well done Sumter.. Well Done...

Old 12-18-2015, 08:49 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,037 times
Quote:
Now that the new hotel tell is a go, you should really look into that. And as close to the hotel as possible.
Yeah! It's been on my mind. Just not sure if I can afford the risk of giving up my solid, steady job/paycheck and benefits to go out and do it on my own. It did it once 25 years ago. But I was young and didn't need much. Also didn't have a lot to lose. Today, I have a family with kids in college. Just the health insurance is enough to keep me from doing it.

Old 12-19-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Yeah! It's been on my mind. Just not sure if I can afford the risk of giving up my solid, steady job/paycheck and benefits to go out and do it on my own. It did it once 25 years ago. But I was young and didn't need much. Also didn't have a lot to lose. Today, I have a family with kids in college. Just the health insurance is enough to keep me from doing it.
I can certainly understand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina