Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 04:26 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Good point. Plus, the actual structure they are building looks like it has 2 units. Looks to me like BWW is on the left with the patio. Wonder what, if anything is going in the other unit.
Not sure if anything, I went to one in Augusta, ga two weekends ago while there, and it looked very similar to this one in size. The whole building was Buffalo Wild Wings, big open space with a bar section and lots of seating to accommodate various size groups. I think its going to do real well in that location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 04:29 PM

They did a great job with the old Wal-Mart building also, that area really needed it. I believe that's a part of Central Carolina.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:54 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,130,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
They did a great job with the old Wal-Mart building also, that area really needed it. I believe that's a part of Central Carolina.
Absolutely. Hopefully that will bring in some new stores to those strip malls in the parking lot. I think now, only a pizza joint and a beauty supply shop are all that's in there.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. Hopefully that will bring in some new stores to those strip malls in the parking lot. I think now, only a pizza joint and a beauty supply shop are all that's in there.
You also have something in the old Applebee's, cant think of it at the moment. Those places will benefit from the students and staff there at CC.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:09 PM

Bubba's Diner is in the old Applebee's and seems to do well. We eat there fairly regularly after church on Sunday.

Old 06-23-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Bubba's Diner is in the old Applebee's and seems to do well. We eat there fairly regularly after church on Sunday.
Ok I have never been there. I had a church member told me that they go to Shrimper after church for diner. I haven't been to that place in well over 10 years.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:36 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:

CCTC has been a good partner in Sumter.. The old Wal Mart and the old Western Auto aka Peoples Market downtown and the old Post Office downtown have been fixed up and utilized by the College. If there is a need for additional expansion.. I would like to see them do something in the block across from the Clyburn Transportation Center that surround the Community Bank.. That would provide and additional solid anchor for the downtown area.....

Speaking of the Clyburn Center.. There is a building in the back that was saved as part of the restoration of that building.. It was supposed to become a restaurant.. Did that ever happen? Also, other than the RTA Offices/Transit, Greyhound, SCDOT, and I believe Jim Clyburns Sumter Office.. Is there anything else in that building?

Old 06-24-2015, 01:18 PM

No restaurant ever opened. Not really sure what else is in there. I think the city has a few offices in there. Santee Wateree RTA actually owns the building.

Last edited by Iam4USC; 06-24-2015 at 01:42 PM..

Old 06-24-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
CCTC has been a good partner in Sumter.. The old Wal Mart and the old Western Auto aka Peoples Market downtown and the old Post Office downtown have been fixed up and utilized by the College. If there is a need for additional expansion.. I would like to see them do something in the block across from the Clyburn Transportation Center that surround the Community Bank.. That would provide and additional solid anchor for the downtown area.....

Speaking of the Clyburn Center.. There is a building in the back that was saved as part of the restoration of that building.. It was supposed to become a restaurant.. Did that ever happen? Also, other than the RTA Offices/Transit, Greyhound, SCDOT, and I believe Jim Clyburns Sumter Office.. Is there anything else in that building?
A public parking space would be nice over there.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:13 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
A public parking space would be nice over there.

OTher than the Bank itself and I believe one other business the rest of that block is vacant along with the old Sumter Electric/Rewinding complex south of East Oakland Street. They could quite frankly close Oakland from Main to Harvin and create a super block where a mixture of parking, office, and retail could be placed....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina