Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 07:11 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalzelldragon View Post
Markette also has a coming soon sign at intersection of 521 and alice drive
That's a good spot for one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Anyone heard anything about the property next to shoneys. The footprint of the new building has been outlined and trucks are seen hauling in metal beams to the site.
No nothing yet, but some sort of sign should be going up soon. Next time I go to Shoney's, I'll ask somebody who work there, I'm pretty sure they know. Usually people know what is being built right next to them.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:47 PM

8,239 posts, read 13,360,755 times
Has anyone stayed or recreated (drank at the bar) at the Hyatt Place downtown? Is there even a bar in there?

I looked at the photos and it seems nice.. I don't know if $140 a night is a deal or not for downtown Sumter compared to out Broad Street.

Old 08-28-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Has anyone stayed or recreated (drank at the bar) at the Hyatt Place downtown? Is there even a bar in there?

I looked at the photos and it seems nice.. I don't know if $140 a night is a deal or not for downtown Sumter compared to out Broad Street.
Last I checked, rooms range from $104 to $200, and everything in between. Yes, they do have a bar and a 24-hour menu.

Old 08-30-2018, 07:21 AM

8,239 posts, read 13,360,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Last I checked, rooms range from $104 to $200, and everything in between. Yes, they do have a bar and a 24-hour menu.

OK...I guess that is reasonable... When I worked is Sumter a long time ago... people used to complain if a lunch cost more than $8 including the drink so paying over $150 for a nice hotel room may be in order now. I am still impressed how downtown is evolving and I hope it can continue.. Florence has Hotel Florence and Hyatt Place.. so maybe Sumter will eventually get a small boutique hotel in one of the buildings (or in a conversion with an addition) on Main Street. Seems like one could go on South Main in the old furniture building across from the CCTC Building. I would hope that CCTC would rent out some of their conference rooms for meetings which could encourage more small conferences and events to come downtown and increase occupancy rates/demand? If I were coming to Sumter for an overnight visit on business or pleasure... I would likely stay downtown than out on Broad Street ... Every City has a "Broad Street" with endless fast food restaurants traffic lights and parking lots.... There is nothing interesting about being out there unless you need to get to Shaw...Downtown Sumter atleast feels like a "place"

Old 09-03-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Boyer construction out of Columbia has their sign up and has started clearing the lot at the corner of Bultman Dr @ Rast st.
Anyone know who bought the old NBSC ops center on South Pike? The building has a entire new wing built on and a reconfigured parking lot.
Construction at this site have come to a halt completely. They have even taken the sign of the medical office that was going there down. That lot is now a permanent pond, the water never went away after they started work there. If you drive by there, you will be surprise how much water is on that lot. They lost money in the purchase of that site.

Old 09-03-2018, 04:29 PM

217 posts, read 240,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
No nothing yet, but some sort of sign should be going up soon. Next time I go to Shoney's, I'll ask somebody who work there, I'm pretty sure they know. Usually people know what is being built right next to them.
Should have a coming soon sign up in the near future.
The construction company (macallen) has its sign up

Old 09-04-2018, 08:39 AM

143 posts, read 179,947 times
New medical facility to break ground in the Sumter city limits.

Community health center seeks to expand in Sumter | The Sumter Item

Community health center seeks to expand in Sumter

Sandhills Medical Foundation plans to build 12,150-square-foot facility

Another Sumter health care provider is seeking to expand its local operations, but this one has hit a snag along the way.
Similar to Sumter Family Health Center, 1278 N. Lafayette Drive, Sandhills Medical Foundation, at 425 N. Salem Ave., is a private, nonprofit, community health center that has outgrown its current local facility.
David Roberts, director of community development with Sandhills, spoke Friday on the foundation's plans to construct a new 12,150-square-foot medical facility here that would more than triple the size of the Salem Avenue center.
Earlier this year with the help of the Sumter City-County Planning Commission, Sandhills picked a site at 260 N. Bultman Drive behind Sumter Mall. In clearing the site this summer, though, the company determined the site was undevelopable, due to its wet nature and water on the land.
Now, Sandhills will stabilize that site with the appropriate requirements from the state Department of Health and Environmental Control, according to the planning commission and Roberts.
But, then, Sandhills will be looking to build on another site in town.
"We're already seeking a new location and looking at other possibilities," Roberts said.
Due to higher than average poverty levels and health care needs in Sumter County, Roberts said there is a definite need for Sandhills to expand locally. The company's plan is to vacate the Salem Avenue facility for the new center.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:06 PM

Do anybody know if something is getting ready to go up in front of the mall, directly across from the McDonald's. I see when that lot between the Rite Aid and the Chinese restaurant is sectioned off, and a piece of heavy equipment there.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:07 PM

217 posts, read 240,290 times
Noticed that as well and of course no coming soon sign.

On a side note that rite aid closes on Oct17. I hope another retailer buys the building cause its a great spot. Wish there was another big drug store company that could buy all three locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina