Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2019, 06:22 AM

8,236 posts, read 13,357,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Lol, yes you are wrong. That's just the staging area for the construction site trailer office, and some heavy equipment. Yes downtown is coming along, I have to give the city and developers credit for the job they have done thus far. It's a pretty busy place these days, with usually pretty good foot traffic as well. A few more things are still needed to make it a even better place.
I saw on a commercial real estate site that the Mt Vernon Motel is for sale. That would be a good site to do something likely residential. The stretch of Broad St from Bultman back towards town has some challenges
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 08:55 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I saw on a commercial real estate site that the Mt Vernon Motel is for sale. That would be a good site to do something likely residential. The stretch of Broad St from Bultman back towards town has some challenges
I agree, but especially starting from Wise Drive. The aesthetics can sure use a heavy dose of TLC. I haven't seen or heard anything about Mt Vernon, but somebody probably will buy it and just keep it going as is.

Old 08-10-2019, 12:58 AM

143 posts, read 179,866 times
Looks like a new restaurant is underway on Alice Drive across from CVS. Grand opening is scheduled for November or December. With Bakers Sweets, Wards, Eat Fit and Sambino's this part of Sumter is turning out to be a nice cluster of local restaurants.

https://www.theitem.com/stories/cont...sumter,331529?

Also, the current count of projects in progress in Sumter is EIGHT:
1. Main Street brewery
2. Large apartment complex on 378 heading towards Shaw
3. SAFE Admin building on Wesmark
4. Hotel suites near Applebee's and Logan's
5. City tax/treasurer and courthouse remodels
6. Road work at McLaughlin Ford
7. Large super gas station at Alice and 521
8. Above mentioned eatery on Alice

Have I missed anything?

Last edited by Downtnr; 08-10-2019 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: added more content

Old 08-10-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtnr View Post
Looks like a new restaurant is underway on Alice Drive across from CVS. Grand opening is scheduled for November or December. With Bakers Sweets, Wards, Eat Fit and Sambino's this part of Sumter is turning out to be a nice cluster of local restaurants.

https://www.theitem.com/stories/cont...sumter,331529?

1. Main Street brewery

Have I missed anything?
I believe you pretty much got it all, you are on it Downtnr.

Old 08-11-2019, 07:02 AM

217 posts, read 240,095 times
Quote:

[url]https://www.theitem.com/stories/contemporary-southern-restaurant-in-works-on-alice-drive-in-sumter,331529?[/U.

1. Main Street brewery

Have I missed anything?
Nissan of Sumter new Dealership between Honda Motorcyles and Sumter JeepDodgeRam.
D.A Everret construction has a sign up on the property. I looked them up and they are the company that built the updated Nissan dealerships in the MrytleBeach area

Nissan of Sumter also has the backlot filled with new Sentras and Altimas showing they own the property

Old 08-11-2019, 07:26 AM

[quote=Dalzelldragon;55905707]Nissan of Sumter new Dealership between Honda Motorcyles and Sumter JeepDodgeRam.
D.A Everret construction has a sign up on the property. I looked them up and they are the company that built the updated Nissan dealerships in the MrytleBeach area

Nissan of Sumter also has the backlot filled with new Sentras and Altimas showing they own the property[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that the other day.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:56 PM

217 posts, read 240,095 times
Carolina Crab house out of Charleston has a coming soon sign at Wesmark Plaza

Old 08-13-2019, 04:20 PM

143 posts, read 179,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalzelldragon View Post
Carolina Crab house out of Charleston has a coming soon sign at Wesmark Plaza

I saw the write-up in The Item as well. Owner is the same for Ginza Grill on Guignard. I must admit for the size town that Sumter is, it is getting a nice assortment of quality LOCAL eateries. There are so many Sumter-sized towns and bigger that are almost all chains.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I saw the write-up in The Item as well. Owner is the same for Ginza Grill on Guignard. I must admit for the size town that Sumter is, it is getting a nice assortment of quality LOCAL eateries. There are so many Sumter-sized towns and bigger that are almost all chains.
There is still lots of space on Broad between Wilson Hall Rd, and Carter Rd for more eateries. Would love to see a few more major chains though. Always was a fan of TGI Friday's and Carrabba's. We can use a Waffle House type restaurant on 15 south, and Old Manning Rd area near the Food Lion shopping center. That seems like a no brainer, with a large Industrial Park right there, the neighborhoods, and lots of traffic. Plus lots of shift workers 24/7 and nothing on that end other than McDonald's open all night.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:55 PM

93 posts, read 89,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
There is still lots of space on Broad between Wilson Hall Rd, and Carter Rd for more eateries. Would love to see a few more major chains though. Always was a fan of TGI Friday's and Carrabba's. We can use a Waffle House type restaurant on 15 south, and Old Manning Rd area near the Food Lion shopping center. That seems like a no brainer, with a large Industrial Park right there, the neighborhoods, and lots of traffic. Plus lots of shift workers 24/7 and nothing on that end other than McDonald's open all night.
I agree! I'm actually surprised that no restaurants have been built in that area by Ashleys and Tractor Supply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina