Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 08:16 AM

1,802 posts, read 2,031,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
It's not Charleston-bashing. Read the thread from the beginning.
Yeah, I have no idea what he's talking about either. No one is bashing Charleston, just laughing at trolls who think this listicle from some magazine means Charleston is literally in the same league as New York, Paris, Rome, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 08:33 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,848 times
Quote:
It's not Charleston-bashing, unless you too are having delusions of grandeur about Charleston being on par with the likes of Paris, London, Rome, NYC, etc.
Dont hate the player hate the game

Old 07-08-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
Yeah, I have no idea what he's talking about either. No one is bashing Charleston, just laughing at trolls who think this listicle from some magazine means Charleston is literally in the same league as New York, Paris, Rome, etc.
Why does the city continuously pop up in these lists alongside those bigger cities?

Old 07-08-2015, 08:39 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Dont hate the player hate the game
Let's be clear: I love Charleston dearly and have defended it often and vigorously in other subforums on this site, but I also know where it stands. Many of these rankings are great press, but have to be taken with a big grain of salt.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Let's be clear: I love Charleston dearly and have defended it often and vigorously in other subforums on this site, but I also know where it stands. Many of these rankings are great press, but have to be taken with a big grain of salt.
Precisely.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Yes...I agree. Thats fair.

I prefer my grains of salt in a margarita....on Kiawah Island....ranked one of the best beaches in North America!

Old 07-08-2015, 10:19 AM

1,987 posts, read 2,109,486 times
Quote:
Opinion: The Deadliest Global City | NBC Chicago

Actually...Paris is 4x more dangerous than many other global major cities like Berlin, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Singapore, Toronto, London, Tokyon, etc. Its closer to NYC crime than it is to the safety of those others.
But even if you believe that stat (and I don't), it's still far safer than southern US cities. I grew up in Georgia, lived in Paris for three years, and have lived in New York for 35. Neither Paris nor NY comes close to southern cities in (1) violent crime, or (2) overall level of paranoia. Yes, you try to avoid the "bad" neighborhoods in all cities, but even then, Paris and New York are eminently safer cities. The chances of trouble in most southern US cities (exceptions: a few southern college towns) are much higher.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
But even if you believe that stat (and I don't), it's still far safer than southern US cities. I grew up in Georgia, lived in Paris for three years, and have lived in New York for 35. Neither Paris nor NY comes close to southern cities in (1) violent crime, or (2) overall level of paranoia. Yes, you try to avoid the "bad" neighborhoods in all cities, but even then, Paris and New York are eminently safer cities. The chances of trouble in most southern US cities (exceptions: a few southern college towns) are much higher.
So New York City is safer than Charleston? Id have to disagree on that one.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
So New York City is safer than Charleston? Id have to disagree on that one.
Feel free to disagree, but you'll be wrong. NYC has become one of the safest cities in the country. That doesn't fit your narrative, but opinions don't change facts.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
Feel free to disagree, but you'll be wrong. NYC has become one of the safest cities in the country. That doesn't fit your narrative, but opinions don't change facts.
Many people in Charleston dont even lock their doors at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina