Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2015, 10:43 PM

26 posts, read 25,565 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am a 29 year old nursing graduate and I am looking to relocate to the Fort Mill area. I LOVE Charlotte, but I have heard that it is expensive and schools are not good. I currently live in a suburb or Pittsburgh Pa (North hills area). I was told by a family member that Fort Mill was a good place to look into. I am not a inner city type of person, but I love living within a 15 to 20 minute drive from a major city. I am looking for diversity and great schools. I also need to be in a area where the commute into Charlotte will not be too much of a hassle. I also want an area that has medical facilities and will not hinder job opportunities. I do not want to have to leave my area to go to a target or grocery store. I love to shop(FYI)!!! I do not really enjoy the old/ small town feel. I like a newer up beat type of area. I am hoping to rent an apartment or townhouse when I first move before buying a home.

Areas that I have been attracted to in North Carolina are Matthews, The university area(I hope thats the correct name).

I am just looking for any suggestions on Fort Mill or any other areas that I should look into. I will be coming to visit in May and want to have a idea of place I need to explore.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 03:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,028 times
Default Relocate

We relocated to Fort Mill 7 years ago from the Pittsburgh area and we have loved every minute of it. There are sooooo many outdoor activities all year round. And you are 2-3 hours from the ocean and the mountains. The schools in Fort Mill are superior. The only thing I really miss is the strip district in Pittsburgh. I think that Charlotte should open something like that ! We can be in Charlotte in 10-15 minutes, and you don't have to go through any tunnels!! The traffic can get slow during rush hour, but nothing like Pittsburgh. My husband and I purchased the GO PLAY SAVE book for buy one/get one discounts. We go out to a new restaurant every Friday night, and have not had a bad meal yet. There are so many cool and different areas of Charlotte. Dillworth is like a Shadyside, NODA is like Lawrenceville, Uptown is so clean and has great bars, shows and music. There are free outdoor concerts all over Charlotte/ Belmont/ Whitewater center every weekend during the summer. Fort Mill is really booming right now, so we are a little concerned about the traffic and congestion. But right now, we have no problems with traffic.
There are so many great meet up groups for all ages and interests.
I don't think you would regret moving to this area, especially for the sunshine almost every day!!

Old 11-01-2015, 04:28 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,457,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautifulla08 View Post
Hello, I am a 29 year old nursing graduate and I am looking to relocate to the Fort Mill area. I LOVE Charlotte, but I have heard that it is expensive and schools are not good. I currently live in a suburb or Pittsburgh Pa (North hills area). I was told by a family member that Fort Mill was a good place to look into. I am not a inner city type of person, but I love living within a 15 to 20 minute drive from a major city. I am looking for diversity and great schools. I also need to be in a area where the commute into Charlotte will not be too much of a hassle. I also want an area that has medical facilities and will not hinder job opportunities. I do not want to have to leave my area to go to a target or grocery store. I love to shop(FYI)!!! I do not really enjoy the old/ small town feel. I like a newer up beat type of area. I am hoping to rent an apartment or townhouse when I first move before buying a home.

Areas that I have been attracted to in North Carolina are Matthews, The university area(I hope thats the correct name).

I am just looking for any suggestions on Fort Mill or any other areas that I should look into. I will be coming to visit in May and want to have a idea of place I need to explore.

Thanks!!!
You may want to look at Greenville SC. It has a fantastic downtown, and the area is more affordable than Charlotte. It is close to the mountains in the western part of SC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina