Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 08:09 PM

3 posts, read 3,809 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband is currently interviewing for a position in Williston, SC. We are very familiar with SC as it has become our home away from home for the past 12 years. We usually stay in Beaufort County for vacation so were are in unchartered waters when we start looking at towns within a 45 minute commute heading towards the coast from Williston. We have a 13 and 10 year old who will hopefully be attending a good Christian school that is K-12. I have a few questions for those of you who are familiar with the area. What towns within a 45 minute commute would you recommend we look at as viable options? The town can be smaller or larger, size really does not matter. I would love to purchase an old home with a little yard space and tons of charm, so a town with a historic district would be awesome too!! We live in a fantastic old, historic town in Northern VA and we love it here! Our downtown is thriving with beautiful old houses, restaurants, and shops, and there is just history galore! I would love to find a town similar to Beaufort in nature, that is quaint, offers things to do, is low crime, has an old historical district, etc. if one does exist as you arrive closer to the coast. Also, if anyone could recommend an excellent Baptist based K-12 Christian school, I would so appreciate your insight on that as well! Thank You for your insight. Your advice will be so appreciated and very much regarded!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 08:36 PM

730 posts, read 1,401,907 times
Honestly, there are no towns that fit your criteria. Williston is a good 2-hour ride from the coast. Your best bets for such a town would be going in the opposite direction of the coast. Aiken is about a 30-minute drive the other way and has one of the best downtowns in the state.

If I had to give you a town, maybe Hampton. It would be about an hour to Williston and the coast. It's old, small, some history, and a few amenities.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:54 AM

Great Recommendations! I checked into Aiken and it is a really cute town. Seems a bit pricey but perhaps SC real estate has gone up substantially in the last few years. We have family in Charleston, Beaufort, and Hilton Head, so we were hoping to move a little closer to the coastal areas. If any one else would love to share some other ideas, I would great appreciate your continued advice!!

Old 11-21-2015, 01:16 AM

What about an area called North Augusta, SC. I understand it is further from the coast however could this town be a viable option?

Old 11-21-2015, 09:06 PM

730 posts, read 1,401,907 times
I live in North Augusta. It is smaller than Aiken but is a nice town and great place to live. It is right across the river from Augusta which offers just about anything you want/need. NA has a small, but picturesque downtown. Being in NA also puts you closer to more Christian school options than Aiken. Augusta Christian (non-denominational), Curtis Baptist, Aquinas (Catholic), and Westminster (Presbyterian) are all in Augusta. I can be in Hilton Head in about 2 and a half hours from NA.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:45 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
As it has been stated, Aiken will honestly be your best bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina