Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 05:40 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,694,001 times

Advertisements

24-7 has definitely gotten the team a berth in the NCAA. Frank is doing good things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 05:40 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,434,030 times
Very sad we did not make the NCAA tourney. Doug Gottlieb stood up for us, as he asked the NCAA committee member why South Carolina got left out. The committee member said, we hated to leave them out, but only 1 win against a top 50 team, and our RPI dropped to 65 after the Georgia loss in the SEC tournament. I am still disappointed, but have my other favorite team to pull for, and it is a good one! Virginia! The Cavs received a #1 seed, and I am believing they can win the whole tourney!

Old 03-14-2016, 08:49 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,451,557 times
USC was always going to have an uphill climb with that horrid non-con schedule. Martin is proving he can bring in quality talent, so USC needs to start scheduling quality teams.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:04 AM

243 posts, read 283,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
Very sad we did not make the NCAA tourney. Doug Gottlieb stood up for us, as he asked the NCAA committee member why South Carolina got left out. The committee member said, we hated to leave them out, but only 1 win against a top 50 team, and our RPI dropped to 65 after the Georgia loss in the SEC tournament. I am still disappointed, but have my other favorite team to pull for, and it is a good one! Virginia! The Cavs received a #1 seed, and I am believing they can win the whole tourney!
I'm not all that bummed that we didn't make it after the way we finished the season, but I will admit to being pissed than Vandy and Tulsa both of whom we beat made it in. In the end it is what it is, I hate that Carerra and the Lithuanians missed their final chance to play in the tournament as they have done a lot to help build the program but hopefully they can go out with an NIT title.

No matter what happens I hope we build off this season. Get Notice and Thornwell to go out on a strong note next year, get Dozier back to a point where he looks like a McDs AA, and possibly most important get Silva to play a bit more under control. Silva could be huge in the future if he can stay on the court...he reminds me of a bigger version of a cross between Carerra and Renaldo Balkman.

Old 03-14-2016, 06:50 PM

on the women's tournament I think it is pretty ridiculous that all the other #1 seeds get to stay reasonably close to home, while Carolina will have to go to South Dakota for the second weekend. and even more ridiculously Kentucky a 3 seed will basically get to play at home until the final four (if they were to make it that far, which I doubt they will).

Old 03-17-2016, 08:49 AM

Gamecock303,
Thanks for your writings. I am still disappointed we did not make the tourney. But, if we can go to the championship in the NIT, that's better than losing in the first round of the NCAA. I agree we can be good next year, if the players come back, half the team is suspended right now!

Old 03-17-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalbum View Post
Gamecock303,
Thanks for your writings. I am still disappointed we did not make the tourney. But, if we can go to the championship in the NIT, that's better than losing in the first round of the NCAA. I agree we can be good next year, if the players come back, half the team is suspended right now!

yea at this point I would be surprised if Gregory and Cobb are back next year (how stupid can you be?). The other three I don't know about but I am sure that if they do come back Frank is gonna make them earn it.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock303 View Post
yea at this point I would be surprised if Gregory and Cobb are back next year (how stupid can you be?). The other three I don't know about but I am sure that if they do come back Frank is gonna make them earn it.

It's just no surprise when these things happen. The players are young, and sometimes make bad decisions (I did when I was in college). I hope they don't ruin their college careers from this bad decision and are able to stay on the team. Staying on the team can help them with discipline in their lives, and to try to do the right thing.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:56 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,694,001 times
Last night was horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina