Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you want to see win the Republican Primary?
Jeb Bush 1 1.47%
Ben Carson 6 8.82%
Chris Christie 4 5.88%
Ted Cruz 9 13.24%
Carly Fiorina 2 2.94%
Jim Gilmore 0 0%
Lindsay Graham 1 1.47%
Mike Huckabee 1 1.47%
John Kasich 2 2.94%
George Pataki 2 2.94%
Rand Paul 6 8.82%
Marco Rubio 6 8.82%
Rick Santorum 1 1.47%
Donald Trump 21 30.88%
Other 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 08:57 PM

295 posts, read 294,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
There is a difference between not being PC and insulting people. I think you are trying to walk it back but it isn't a big deal. I also not a big fan of using retard as an insult or 'joke' but i'm not saying that you can't. Those people got a raw deal in life.

I think he's just a severe introvert. Many physicians are and generally a surgeon needs to be.

I figured Hillary was leading the poll. Apparently she switched parties.

I think Carson winning GOP nomination would be great for the party in general because it should blow up the dumb meme that Republicans are racist and open some minds to the party. I think that there are many people who try to make Carson seem like a kook because they know that he challenges this meme. They want to push the notion that Carson is only a Republican because he is a kook. But he is a brain surgeon. It is Orwellian stuff.
Insults can be jokes too. Just to people who aren't PC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 08:58 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,316,943 times
Given I support Trump and Carson is my 3rd choice, how can I be accused of being PC. A good part of their appeal is the anti-PC thing.

I just disputed the evolution theory which is like the worst heresy a person can commit in PC world yet you accuse me of being PC. C'mon man.

I don't have a problem with he is sleepy or maybe on drugs. 'borderline retard'? He's just chill, easy like Sunday morning.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:06 PM

imaginary,

can you edit and add Hillary to your poll? Might as well

Old 12-16-2015, 09:08 PM

295 posts, read 294,353 times
Sunday morning is a party in the Charleston area.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:48 PM

I think the most interesting thing about this primary is how Trump and Cruz have avoided attacking each other.

What the 'establishment' wants is for Trump to take out Cruz (or Cruz take out Trump) then Rubio (or Jeb somehow) is only one left to challenge. They think Rubio or Jeb would win in a two man race vs Trump or Cruz.

Trump vs Cruz is the last thing they wanted for the nomination, they probably hate Cruz more than Trump.

Another thing is just how bad Jeb! is at being a politician compared to his brother. His brother was more like Trump, energetic with some swag.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:52 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,012,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I think the most interesting thing about this primary is how Trump and Cruz have avoided attacking each other.

What the 'establishment' wants is for Trump to take out Cruz (or Cruz take out Trump) then Rubio (or Jeb somehow) is only one left to challenge. They think Rubio or Jeb would win in a two man race vs Trump or Cruz.
I think you're right about this. Rubio might be up to the task, but I think whoever wins the Trump vs. Cruz battle will inherit a good number of other's voters (hence why they aren't attacking each other, they suspect this is the case, too). It is my sense the Republican electorate is more in the mood for non-PC, outspoken warriors, which favors Trump or Cruz over Rubio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina