Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 03:10 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,960,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
And SC wonders why they get no major tech HQ relocation's and lost out on Amazon HQ2. Enjoy your manufacturing though!
I don't think any of SC's metros even applied for Amazon's HQ2, none of the metro's are even close to the population requirements
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 08:55 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,846,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
I don't think any of SC's metros even applied for Amazon's HQ2, none of the metro's are even close to the population requirements
The upstate did.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:21 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,950,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I lived on a NC beach for a year... but you can see this anywhere. What beaches are you going to that you can't?
Hilton Head, Kiawah, Isle of Palms, and Sullivan's Island so far. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:56 AM

17 posts, read 12,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
And gay aborters with saggy pants thought they were safe.
Phew! It's a good thing I'm a straight aborter with saggy pants. I was starting to get nervous. Are they bringing back the finger-tip rule, too?

Old 02-25-2018, 05:39 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
now there's a bill to try to outright ban abortions in the state. Why does our state leaders keep doing this?
I suspect is because they think an unborn baby has life. I don't see what is embarrassing about wanting to protect babies.

I don't understand how people can have seen an ultrasound and still believe unborn babies are not alive.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:03 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,451,557 times
I'm not debating that topic. My point was about the state not focusing on issues that affect all 5 million residents. If someone in Florence has an abortion, that's not affecting me because I'll never know about it, but the state highways falling apart does because I drive on them.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:26 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
I don't think it is true the state is not working on issues that affect all 5 million residents. The SC DOT is working on the 2nd most expensive infrastructure project in the state's history right now in Greenville. And I think the state leaders have done everything they can to attract businesses to this state, perhaps too much in some cases with overgenerous tax incentives.

This handy map provided by the SC DOT shows all the infrastructure work currently being done in SC. https://scdot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/M...465e16765d761c

Pro life people think protecting life is as important as the roads. I'm assuming that there are a lot of things that don't affect you personally that you want to be illegal.

Lincoln wasn't a slave and couldn't have been enslaved but he opposed slavery. The argument that Lincoln made against slavery can be modified slightly and applied against abortion. His position on slavery eventually lead to his assassination. He lost his life because he cared about something that didn't affect him personally.

'As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master.'

'Whenever I hear any one arguing for slavery I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.'

Last edited by ClemVegas; 02-25-2018 at 06:58 PM..

Old 02-26-2018, 07:01 AM

5,719 posts, read 4,696,002 times
Deciding what other people do with their bodies to satiate your religious beliefs is the most abhorrent practice of the right, one that believes that the government should stay out of people's lives, short women's reproductive workings.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:21 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,950,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Deciding what other people do with their bodies to satiate your religious beliefs is the most abhorrent practice of the right, one that believes that the government should stay out of people's lives, short women's reproductive workings.
Just playin devil’s advocate here, but it’s not the woman’s body but the person inside of it that’s affected. The question is more of a moral question than a religious one.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:36 PM

17 posts, read 12,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Just playin devil’s advocate here, but it’s not the woman’s body but the person inside of it that’s affected. The question is more of a moral question than a religious one.
Well, that's the thing that's tough, right? It's a religious, moral, and scientific issue. To 'solve' the question of pro-choice vs. pro-life requires that we all agree about questions like when does life begin and when does a woman's right (regarding her body and what/who is in it) end. It's such a complicated and emotional issue that it's a shame that it's often used as a political tool.

I think what is frustrating a lot of people is that these politicians have no hope of actually passing legislation and they know it. They are playing politics to their base, rather than sparking healthy debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina