Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 02:37 PM

240 posts, read 411,292 times

Advertisements

The Beef Jerky Outlet in the Academy Complex is closing - This shopping center is not doing so well from the looks of it...

Also Jos. A Bank (Tux Rental Place) at the Florence Mall has closed (signs removed also)

Anyone have a date for the Stein Mart Closing & JCPenny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 07:21 AM

2 posts, read 5,837 times
I have lived in Florence for a number of years and feel that these type of niche stores are always a toss up there. Unfortunately, the current economic conditions have not helped. I also wonder if the location was best suited for that store. It is in an area that doesn't always see the foot traffic. I think lots of people use that shopping center for the Academy Sports, etc., but fail to realize the other stuff there.

As far as the other stores that have closed or will be closing, it is a real shame. It is just a microcosm of the current state of retail. It is happening everywhere. If you visit Coastal Grand Mall in MB, you see the same thing. If a store can't make it there, where will it make it? It also shows how quickly things change. Magnolia Mall in Florence was close to being at full capacity just a few years ago. Now, it has to try to find new occupants for lots of open space.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:15 AM

8,136 posts, read 13,181,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloK Man View Post
I have lived in Florence for a number of years and feel that these type of niche stores are always a toss up there. Unfortunately, the current economic conditions have not helped. I also wonder if the location was best suited for that store. It is in an area that doesn't always see the foot traffic. I think lots of people use that shopping center for the Academy Sports, etc., but fail to realize the other stuff there.

As far as the other stores that have closed or will be closing, it is a real shame. It is just a microcosm of the current state of retail. It is happening everywhere. If you visit Coastal Grand Mall in MB, you see the same thing. If a store can't make it there, where will it make it? It also shows how quickly things change. Magnolia Mall in Florence was close to being at full capacity just a few years ago. Now, it has to try to find new occupants for lots of open space.
wow... I hadnt been in Magnolia Mall in several years.. Last time I was thee it was doing fairly well. Sorry to hear about the vacancies though not totally surprised given the current economy

Old 10-13-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
wow... I hadnt been in Magnolia Mall in several years.. Last time I was thee it was doing fairly well. Sorry to hear about the vacancies though not totally surprised given the current economy
It is still doing well,
yes, there are a few vacancies but not a lot at all. Most of these are on the Burlington Side of the mall by Dick's (The old Forever 21, the old Escape Room, and the two stores outside the Best Buy entrance.)

According to PREIT's page on Magnolia Mall, it is at 99.7% occupancy (https://www.preit.com/properties/mal...magnolia-mall/)

According to their website, (the mall itself) - it is showing Victoria's Secret as closed - This is new to me as I thought those stores thrived in shopping malls and are seen in almost all of them.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:43 PM

299 posts, read 448,692 times
Like the earlier post indicated this is not localized, I live in Charlotte and see the same thing here. It’s really sad.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:17 PM

It appears that Buc-ee’s is about to break ground off I-95 and SC 327. As earth moving equipment is out there. I wonder if this is just the beginning as I envision hotels and restaurants poppin up on that side of the exit.

Old 11-11-2020, 01:13 PM

I saw where the Cherokee in NC are doing a new development that includes a Buc-Ees, and that development includes several others businesses behind the Buc-Ees….hoping that is true with Florence also. This is a great area, the highway to Myrtle Beach, that could use some new businesses.

Old 11-11-2020, 02:36 PM

Also,
Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers is planning a location at the corner of Pamplico Highway and Pine Forest Drive.

The 2nd Cookout Location is being planned to be right beside the new strip mall they built on 52 (Starbucks, Lost Cajun) in front of Hampton Inn.

You can see the plans at Construction Journal.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:41 PM

That’s a weird location for Freddys my Family lives a block from there. What’s up with the proposed construction of the mix used development Downtown?

Old 11-13-2020, 08:50 PM

Earlier this week I said I saw earth moving equipment on the site of where Buc-ee’s will be located, and it was announced today they will break ground next Thursday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina