Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2020, 02:58 PM

9 posts, read 12,214 times

Advertisements

Title says it all. We’ll be moving there in mid-December and won’t be able to visit and scope out areas and look for “sign in the yard” rentals in a few areas we’re interested in. I’ve scoured all online listings, but there isn’t much for Elloree, Manning, Cayce or Holly Hill (btw, if any of y’all feel I should run screaming from any parts of those areas, warn me, please!) out there. Do people still put ads in the paper any longer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 06:58 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoCreek View Post
Title says it all. We’ll be moving there in mid-December and won’t be able to visit and scope out areas and look for “sign in the yard” rentals in a few areas we’re interested in. I’ve scoured all online listings, but there isn’t much for Elloree, Manning, Cayce or Holly Hill (btw, if any of y’all feel I should run screaming from any parts of those areas, warn me, please!) out there. Do people still put ads in the paper any longer?
I would recommend calling a realtor from the areas you're interested in. Facebook marketplace may be a good source as will possibly craigslist. Local church boards and speaking to locals may give you a better list of options.

Manning should have some rentals avail. Holly Hill will have some from time-to-time. Also, you might have better luck around the lakes as there are more investment type properties, and you might be able to negotiate one of those short term rentals to rent on a more long term contract with you, especially this time of year. Check with sites like VRBO.com and AirBnb to find rentals available on a short term basis, call the owner and offer to extend the rental period.

Old 11-21-2020, 11:07 AM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Quote:
How did Cayce get in that mix?

Old 11-21-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
How did Cayce get in that mix?
What do you mean? It’s one of the areas within the parameters we’ve set.

Old 11-21-2020, 03:17 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
Quote:
Meaning it is not that close to your other locations you named. Might I suggest you say were you will be working and let people give suggestions.

Old 11-21-2020, 03:59 PM

727 posts, read 716,088 times
Quote:
I was confused, too. Your other thread said between Orangeburg and Charleston.

Cayce would be more likely to have some inventory, though, than the smaller towns. Columbia would have even more and about the same distance to Orangeburg depending on where.

In any case, I have to admire your bravery I guess. Moving to an area without surveying it first could turn out great, or could be a huge mistake especially when you might be looking in rural areas. I couldn't do it.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Meaning it is not that close to your other locations you named. Might I suggest you say were you will be working and let people give suggestions.
Gotcha. My husband will be working in the Orangeburg area.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSJSAS View Post
I was confused, too. Your other thread said between Orangeburg and Charleston.

Cayce would be more likely to have some inventory, though, than the smaller towns. Columbia would have even more and about the same distance to Orangeburg depending on where.

In any case, I have to admire your bravery I guess. Moving to an area without surveying it first could turn out great, or could be a huge mistake especially when you might be looking in rural areas. I couldn't do it.
Thank you. It’s either brave or stupid. I’ll let you know which when I figure it out. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina