Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 03:36 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,184,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkberk View Post
Thanks for the Welcome, Momof3.

We haven't looked at Bethelfields but we've been thru The Landing and a couple of other neighborhoods further out in the Clover area. Waiting for this house to sell is driving me nuts. We've dropped the price several times already. Our agent says there are just too many on the market and buyers are being VERY picky. The kids are going to start school HERE (Victoria Groves) and then have to change to a new school. WE were SO hoping that wouldn't happen. What can ya do?

How do you like the Clover schools so far? I assuming you are in the Clover district or is it York?

Hey there bkberk....I'll cross my fingers that your home will sell soon...(from another ex-Californian)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2006, 09:36 PM

24 posts, read 62,525 times
Quote:
Thanks for the Welcome, Momof3.

We haven't looked at Bethelfields but we've been thru The Landing and a couple of other neighborhoods further out in the Clover area. Waiting for this house to sell is driving me nuts. We've dropped the price several times already. Our agent says there are just too many on the market and buyers are being VERY picky. The kids are going to start school HERE (Victoria Groves) and then have to change to a new school. WE were SO hoping that wouldn't happen. What can ya do?

How do you like the Clover schools so far? I assuming you are in the Clover district or is it York?
Hi bkberk,

I've only heard good things about Clover school district. I remember reading something about a new elementary school being built next year in this area. Not sure where yet. My daughter is still on a waiting list (30 kids total) for the Pre-K. She's going to a church based pre-k in Clover until the next school year.

I truly understand your frustration. Our original plans involved my sister & her husband selling their home in FL and move to York simultaneously with our move. In a perfect world, they would have sold their house and moved in next door to us. Well, that didn't happen. The house next door was sold two weeks after the sales contract expired. She still has the house in FL on the market and hoping to be able to close on a different lot in the community late this year. I can't help not hoping a miracle would happen, even in this housing market.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:36 PM

13 posts, read 34,615 times
Default One offer and another supposed to be coming in

Got another offer today. We've had 2 that have fallen thru. This one was so low it was laughable. We countered but I think the buyer was looking at homes priced a lot lower and just stumbled upon ours. Figured he'd put an offer on it and see what happens. Supposed to be getting another offer faxed to our agent today. Crossing my fingers.

Thanks for the welcome LovetheCarolinas. You're in Tega Cay (pronounced Kay!) right? How do you like it there? We've seen a couple of homes on the Internet in Tega Cay and some look pretty cool. Been looking at some in Lake Shore but can't afford the ones I want. We've looked in Belmont, Clover, Fort Mill, Indian Land, Weddington and a little bit in South Charlotte. Hubby will be setting up office somewhere in the south part of town. Ballantyne maybe. Still haven't picked a favorite place. Depends on the lot, house, school, etc.. We're looking for a little breathing room after spending the last 5 years on postage stamp sized lots. Would also like a private pool. Had one in TX and really miss it. A neighborhood pool may be okay if we can find everything else we want.

Send good vibes. WE REALLY want to get moved!

Old 08-26-2006, 10:42 PM

13 posts, read 34,615 times
Momof3,

I think the new elementary school is going to be over close to the town of Clover but there is also a new Jr High planned on 557 (I think that's the road). It will be pretty nice for the Lake Wylie side of the district. They haven't decided whether to expand the HS or build new. The district wants to keep the small community feel with only one HS but the county is growing so fast they may need to build another one. I least that is what I've been reading.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome LovetheCarolinas. You're in Tega Cay (pronounced Kay!) right? How do you like it there? We've seen a couple of homes on the Internet in Tega Cay and some look pretty cool. Been looking at some in Lake Shore but can't afford the ones I want. We've looked in Belmont, Clover, Fort Mill, Indian Land, Weddington and a little bit in South Charlotte. Hubby will be setting up office somewhere in the south part of town. Ballantyne maybe. Still haven't picked a favorite place. Depends on the lot, house, school, etc.. We're looking for a little breathing room after spending the last 5 years on postage stamp sized lots. Would also like a private pool. Had one in TX and really miss it. A neighborhood pool may be okay if we can find everything else we want.

Yes, you pronounced it correctly...or should I say...typed it correctly? We don't happen to be in the Lake Shore part of Tega Cay...but we still love Tega Cay and are very pleased with the Fort Mill schools (alot of people seem to think Lake Shore is Tega Cay and don't venture outside of the development ). The only area that you mention that I am not real familiar with is Indian Land...of the others that you mention (if you are looking for a little more breathing room) and good schools I would check out the Clover area....if you don't mind something in the 1/4 acre to 1/3 of an area then Tega Cay or Fort Mill. I have now crossed not only my fingers but my toes as well for you to sell you home soon!

Old 08-29-2006, 11:39 AM

27 posts, read 108,028 times
I'm not from California but I do have a few questions for some of the folks living down near York and Clover . Do you commute to Charlotte for work? If so, how long does it take you? I am considering moving to that area and am wondering if I am going to be sitting in traffic every morning and evening. I have looked online at Bethelfields and Autumn Cove, does anyone have a recommendation? Momof3, I saw that you live in Bethelfields. Do you mind if I ask what builder you chose and if you are happy with them? Thanks for everyone's help!!

Old 08-29-2006, 02:22 PM

24 posts, read 62,525 times
Thumbs up khov

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther_fan View Post
I'm not from California but I do have a few questions for some of the folks living down near York and Clover . Do you commute to Charlotte for work? If so, how long does it take you? I am considering moving to that area and am wondering if I am going to be sitting in traffic every morning and evening. I have looked online at Bethelfields and Autumn Cove, does anyone have a recommendation? Momof3, I saw that you live in Bethelfields. Do you mind if I ask what builder you chose and if you are happy with them? Thanks for everyone's help!!

panther_fan,

I don't mind at all. I really like khovnanian's floorplan and builder team. The head contractor and sales rep walked the lot together with us prior to any grading or building. Then we reviewed the building plans to go over the upgrades, etc. I was impressed with the amount of attention given to details that we've requested, especially the head contractor's thoroughness. For us, we appreciated how things were straight forwardly handled. No empty promises just to brush questions or concerns aside.

For example, we elected to add an additional door to our sunroom. One would open to the back of the third car garage. The other to the opposite side. If as specs, the later door would open right into the HVAC units. I was rather concerned with the noise activity since the units would be directly outside the family room windows. Plus, the safety issues if one of my kids would exit that way. Without my asking, the head contractor reviewed the plans right there, and agreed to move the units to the side of the house instead. I know this might sound like minor but some builders don't take the time or consider the inconvenience of homeowners, but rather save materials & labor and be done with the job and move on. Knowing that we could rely on the builders to do their job right, put my mind somewhat at ease since we were on the west coast duting the build out. At the final walk, the house was spotless, the detail work was outstanding! Hence a short final touches list. We were, and still are, very pleased!

I don't frequent Charlotte. I do visit costco on Tyvola (SW of charlotte) every other week. That drive takes me about 20 - 25 mins, but that's not during rush hour.

I hope that helps.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:40 PM

Quote:

hey there bkberk...I am not sure what I was thinking (apparently I was not) but you mentioned you had looked in Indian Land and I said I was not familiar with this area...I was wrong (for some reason I had Indian Trail in my head?). So let me start over....I am not familiar with Indian Trail, NC....I am familiar with Indian Land, SC.

If you wish more info on that area (Indian Land)...feel free to ask...but just a little bit about it: Indian Land shares a zip code with Fort Mill, SC...BUT....when it comes to schools....the children attend Lancaster School District (in addition Indian Land is within Lancaster County)....again sorry for the confusion

Old 08-31-2006, 07:32 PM

Location: Currently Las Vegas, but will be in Clover, SC 1/07
5 posts, read 8,899 times
Hi all. Do you all mind if I join in???

My husband and I purchased a home in the Filbert area between York and Clover this past February. We are planning our move for January of 2007. Right now it all depends on the sale of our current home here in Las Vegas.

Although our address is technically in Clover we are zoned for York schools currently but have heard that with the new Jr/Middle school that is planned they may rezone and my youngest son could attend it.

At this time we are looking for work. I currently work for the school district in the clerical field here and would like to continue with one of the school districts close to our new home. Do any of you know the hiring process the schools use???

I have been watching the growth rate for the York county and I am amazed of how rapidly it is going up. Do any of you that currently live there feel any stress from the growth and if so how and in what areas.

Thanks for listening to me.

CARAT

Old 08-31-2006, 08:52 PM

Welcome CARAT! So I gotta ask...how did you manage to find Filbert (good work)...since it really isn't all the big? Oh you are going to love all the farms over there. In fact you might want to check out Miss Dori for some peaches when there in season next year

http://www.dorisanders.com/

I happen to live in York County and your right....it is amazing watching all the growth (you're a little farther out so I wouldn't worry to much about it...for now anyway ). In regard to school positions..you might check the school districts websites in the area...many times they will post current openings.

Well again welcome...and good luck with the sell of your current home and happy landings for your new one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAT View Post
Hi all. Do you all mind if I join in???

My husband and I purchased a home in the Filbert area between York and Clover this past February. We are planning our move for January of 2007. Right now it all depends on the sale of our current home here in Las Vegas.

Although our address is technically in Clover we are zoned for York schools currently but have heard that with the new Jr/Middle school that is planned they may rezone and my youngest son could attend it.

At this time we are looking for work. I currently work for the school district in the clerical field here and would like to continue with one of the school districts close to our new home. Do any of you know the hiring process the schools use???

I have been watching the growth rate for the York county and I am amazed of how rapidly it is going up. Do any of you that currently live there feel any stress from the growth and if so how and in what areas.

Thanks for listening to me.

CARAT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina