Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:55 PM

14 posts, read 69,877 times

Advertisements

floridians are attacking aiken!! Get me outa here!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2006, 07:09 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,195,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcarolina
floridians are attacking aiken!! Get me outa here!!
Lovethecarolina's,

?

Mark

Old 06-20-2006, 08:16 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,209,601 times
floridians are attacking aiken!! Get me outa here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks
Lovethecarolina's,

?

Mark
I am not sure Mark...since I have yet to make it to Aiken...but if a floridian is some sort of new bug....I saw a whole bunch of them up in the NC moutains last week....and I can tell you....they move real sloooooowwwww

Old 06-28-2006, 07:19 AM

33 posts, read 78,912 times
I was born in Queens NY, stayed there 20 yrs, moved to Honolulu,stayed there 25 yrs, moved to Denver, Colorado,stayed there 10 yrs, living now in Sarasota, Fl ( the past 9 yrs ) DO THE MATH...I have been around. Now, about people, THEY are all the same....just give them time to adjust to YOU not WHERE your'e from ! Its your actions not your accent that they will JUDGE, its up to you to adjust to WHEN IN ROME attitude.....I find that to be the best way to go....I hope you can also......Wife and I are "chasing our grown kids" to Charlotte, NC.....now that will be fun....I hope its our last NESTING AREA !!!!!....good luck....Tom

Old 06-28-2006, 03:02 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,708,516 times
Marks,
you did attack Dawn and were wrong in doing so. While I can appreciate your'e defensive pride of your homestate you had no tact whatsoever and made it personal. Dawn is correct, btw. Greenville is ranked on almost every site as the worst "air quality" in the USA. You should do some research before you lash out at someone and tell them they're wrong.

That being said both you and Dawn seem to have a serious misunderstanding about this ranking. In terms of "air quality" this deals only, yes ONLY, in regards to pollen and alergies. This has nothing to do with pollution. How could it since their is virtually no pollution to speak of in Greenville. it is one of the most beautiful areas that I've evr been to and quite possibly the cleanest and prettiest downtown in America.

So Dawn, you were correct but I guess that your lack of specification in regards to pollen and allergies upset Marks. I can understand that since no one wants their town to be perceived as dirty and Grenville is anything but dirty. My wife has terrible allergies in Los Angeles ( poor air quality in rergards to pollution) but when we visited in June to make sure we wanted to move there she was fine.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:07 PM

Sonrise, you say,

[quote=Sonrise]Marks,
you did attack Dawn and were wrong in doing so. While I can appreciate your'e defensive pride of your homestate you had no tact whatsoever and made it personal. Dawn is correct, btw. Greenville is ranked on almost every site as the worst "air quality" in the USA. You should do some research before you lash out at someone and tell them they're wrong. QUOTE]

So after I read your statement, Sonrise, I'm thinking "Oh, Lord not this again!"

Dawn stated on 6-18-06 the “Greenville scores #1 in the country with worst air quality!â€

I responded on the same day (6-18-06) with the following:

“Dawn, I don't know where your getting your information from, but your post saying that Greenville has the worst air quality is not accurate at all. In fact if you Google "cities with the worst air quality" no South Carolina city is even in the top 25? So please refrain from making inaccurate statements without facts.â€

Can anyone tell in the paragraph my “anger� my “tone of voice� my “insensitiveness� I don’t.

She then responded on 6-19-06 with the following:

“Marks, I am appalled and taken aback by your rude, insensitive response to my air quality inquiry!... I didn't appreciate the tone of "Please refrain from…I found your post very hurtful.â€

I then responded the same day with the following:

“Dawn,

1. Your wrong and others sites are wrong anyone knows Los Angles, CA has and continues to have the worst air quality bar none in the nation. And that's a fact! so Greenville could not have the worst air quality. Maybe in SC but I seriously doubt that.

2. You did not say "bad allergy day in Greenville" that's different. Greenville may well have bad allergy days worst in the nation "on some days." That might be true.

3. You say, "I am appalled and taken aback by your rude, insensitive response to my air quality inquiry!" and "I didn't appreciate the tone" and again "I found your post very hurtful."? Oh please, your talking about a message board with a query about air quality? Grow up.

4. Maybe you should learn to take factual criticism a little better.â€

Now, I do admit that “these†statements were less then helpful. Also, Dawn and I, in private message, have apologized to each other and we’ve moved on. Not sure why your digging this up? Also, I’m not from Greenville and I do not live in Greenville—yet

I believed that stating something that was not correct, which could have been perceived as FACT, might have turned many folks off to the Greenville area.

So, I’m unclear as to why you brought this up, and why you stated to me just now,

“you did attack Dawn and were wrong in doing so…you had no tact whatsoever and made it personal…You should do some research before you lash out at someone and tell them they're wrong.â€

I defended you when you and comin were getting into it over your repeated insistence they move to liberal Asheville instead of Greenville. What about that exchange?

Dawn and I are clear with each other we have dropped it, can you?

Thanks

Mark

Old 06-28-2006, 06:30 PM

42 posts, read 414,785 times
Default air quality

Perhaps you saw my own reply to the allergies issue thread. Air quality is listed as a contributing factor on the site I found Link removed. Greenville is on the list of "100 Most Challenging Places to live with Asthma". It is number 68 out of 100 and it is a current report. This might not totally address the issue directly but it could show that both sides have some truth in the matter.

Last edited by Yac; 06-29-2006 at 02:59 AM..

Old 06-28-2006, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Mom
Perhaps you saw my own reply to the allergies issue thread. Air quality is listed as a contributing factor on the site I found link removed. Greenville is on the list of "100 Most Challenging Places to live with Asthma". It is number 68 out of 100 and it is a current report. This might not totally address the issue directly but it could show that both sides have some truth in the matter.
Team Mom,

Thank you! Your right. That's what I've been trying to say all along. It's not #1 for pollution nor is it #1 for allergies. Yes, it's on some lists, but not #1. That's all.

Mark

Last edited by Yac; 06-29-2006 at 03:00 AM..

Old 06-29-2006, 05:56 AM

191 posts, read 1,001,718 times
. . . it's always a black and white thing. Some people are so insecure. It's a shame.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 4,980 times
Red face headache!!

My husband and I have been planning to move to a nice country area where it's cheap. We're currently living in FLORIDA , I just moved here under a year ago and I am ready to get the hell outta here, if ya know what I mean? I came from oklahoma. I miss the country. I can't stand suburbia( sharing your morning coffee with the neighbors! )

He has lived in florida a lot longer than I, he was staying in Mississippi not to long ago, until Katrina.

We have traveled to south carolina twice in the last couple of monthes.
We checked Areas such as easley and anderson. They suck. As do greenville, greenwood... ect.

we were thinking about NC but werent sure, as I picture it to be another expensive surburbia, just with yankees. ( NO OFFENSE) But my husband is strong on northerners and Darks.

On the acount of the war between the confederates and the union over slaves, ect.. dont really want to get into it...

anyways... My first child is due in Dec. A lil girl !!! so exicted!!! so I am trying my best to relocate us to a nice place where we can live in the country, hunt, garden, have a horse, all the fun loving country girl stuff I miss. We want to be close to town in case of an emergency, but mostly we want to be outside of all the fuss and away from people. As we are newly weds...
We want a nice country home that we can fix up and make our own. But we cant seem to find the right town.

Went we were in sc. the people did seem a little rude, although its not any worse then flordia!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina