Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 07:59 PM

15 posts, read 71,493 times

Advertisements

CAN ANYONE ADVISE ON A COMMUNITY IN INDIAN LAND, CALLED BRIDGE MILL BULID BY JOHN WIELAND. IN REGARDS TO SCHOOLS, CRIME ,TAXES AND ANY INPUT REGARDING THIS BUILDER. WE ARE RELOCATING FROM NYC WITH A 6MONTH OLD AND A 7YR OLD AND SAFETY AND SCHOOLS ARE VERY INPORTANT TO US. VISITED IN 2/07 AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS COMMUNITY BUT DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUNT THE SURROUNDING AREA ANY WITH INPUT WE REALY APPRECIATE THANK YOU MUCH .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 09:00 PM

95 posts, read 385,945 times
You are going to hear, "Oh, it's not in Fort Mill and Fort Mill schools are a notch up." I have friends in Indian Land and no one I know is dissatisfied with Indian Land Schools. I looked in Bridge Mill and went somewhere else in Fort Mill only because I wanted a little more breathing room. The Lancaster pan handle is up and coming and I recall a case study showing Bridge Mill had appreciated 10% per year the last 3 years. The area is hot and you can't go wrong as far as resale with more and more coming that way every month. ‘Check out Audrey Kell the next time your down if you haven’t already. I would think that in Bridge Mill if you knocked on 100 doors you might find 1 individual who grew up in the area but I seriously doubt it; most would be from out of state. I would also think these are mainly 1 income residences with many a soccer mom if the neighborhood demographic is similar to where I went. I didn't spend much time there but I actually have been in their sales office and I did look around. Oh, you can't go wrong with John Wieland either.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:05 AM

251 posts, read 1,128,416 times
I live directly across 521 from BridgeMill. I would say the area is ultrasafe and the schools are good. Yes, you will get some put-downs from those who live in the York side of Fort Mill, but don't let that bother you. Indianland is actually much more convenient to Charlotte than Fort Mill/York Co. You will only be 4 miles from the Blakeney shopping area (Target/Marshalls/Best Buy/etc.), about the same from Ballantyne, and a surprisingly straight shot into the Southpark area. Carolina Place Mall is 7 miles/10minutes away. Regarding Bridgemill itself---I don't think there is any neighborhood in Fort Mill as elegant or as nicely done. I suppose you know that Wieland plans a thirty acre shopping complex at the 521 entrance to the neighborhood----there will also be about 150 high-end ($350K plus) townhouses at the 521 entrance. Currently, Wieland is building a second entrance to the community--on Possum Hollow Road--which will provide a convenient route to "downtown" Fort Mill. Regarding the schools---everyone here loves the schools---it seems no one can say enough good things about them. And no one doubts test scores here will meet or exceed those in Fort Mill in a few years. For a few brief momments, the schools here will not be overcrowded next year, when the new middle school opens (though that will not last long---a second elementary school is in the planning stages).

Old 05-23-2007, 10:28 AM

Thank you for your reply i realy appreciate your input
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Trader View Post
You are going to hear, "Oh, it's not in Fort Mill and Fort Mill schools are a notch up." I have friends in Indian Land and no one I know is dissatisfied with Indian Land Schools. I looked in Bridge Mill and went somewhere else in Fort Mill only because I wanted a little more breathing room. The Lancaster pan handle is up and coming and I recall a case study showing Bridge Mill had appreciated 10% per year the last 3 years. The area is hot and you can't go wrong as far as resale with more and more coming that way every month. ‘Check out Audrey Kell the next time your down if you haven’t already. I would think that in Bridge Mill if you knocked on 100 doors you might find 1 individual who grew up in the area but I seriously doubt it; most would be from out of state. I would also think these are mainly 1 income residences with many a soccer mom if the neighborhood demographic is similar to where I went. I didn't spend much time there but I actually have been in their sales office and I did look around. Oh, you can't go wrong with John Wieland either.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:30 AM

Tank you for your reply I appreciate your inpute
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedog View Post
I live directly across 521 from BridgeMill. I would say the area is ultrasafe and the schools are good. Yes, you will get some put-downs from those who live in the York side of Fort Mill, but don't let that bother you. Indianland is actually much more convenient to Charlotte than Fort Mill/York Co. You will oNly be 4 miles from the Blakeney shopping area (Target/Marshalls/Best Buy/etc.), about the same from Ballantyne, and a surprisingly straight shot into the Southpark area. Carolina Place Mall is 7 miles/10minutes away. Regarding Bridgemill itself---I don't think there is any neighborhood in Fort Mill as elegant or as nicely done. I suppose you know that Wieland plans a thirty acre shopping complex at the 521 entrance to the neighborhood----there will also be about 150 high-end ($350K plus) townhouses at the 521 entrance. Currently, Wieland is building a second entrance to the community--on Possum Hollow Road--which will provide a convenient route to "downtown" Fort Mill. Regarding the schools---everyone here loves the schools---it seems no one can say enough good things about them. And no one doubts test scores here will meet or exceed those in Fort Mill in a few years. For a few brief momments, the schools here will not be overcrowded next year, when the new middle school opens (though that will not last long---a second elementary school is in the planning stages).

Old 05-23-2007, 11:37 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,215,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny.c View Post
CAN ANYONE ADVISE ON A COMMUNITY IN INDIAN LAND, CALLED BRIDGE MILL BULID BY JOHN WIELAND. IN REGARDS TO SCHOOLS, CRIME ,TAXES AND ANY INPUT REGARDING THIS BUILDER. WE ARE RELOCATING FROM NYC WITH A 6MONTH OLD AND A 7YR OLD AND SAFETY AND SCHOOLS ARE VERY INPORTANT TO US. VISITED IN 2/07 AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS COMMUNITY BUT DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUNT THE SURROUNDING AREA ANY WITH INPUT WE REALY APPRECIATE THANK YOU MUCH .
If you invest in a John Wieland home (or) in the town of Indian Land, SC...you have made a wise investment (this area is exploding). On a selfish note it is sad to see so much of the rural parts of Indian Land being gobbled up with so many new developments...yet it's proximity to Ballantyne/South Charlotte sitting on one side, and then on the opposite side you have the new Del Webb community it was just a matter of time before it was bound to happen.

I have stated in the past that the Indian Land schools..could use some improvement...yet with all the influx of new folks coming in (that hopefully get involved with their childrens schools) and the new money....it does look promising.

I highly recommend to anyone if your moving into "Any" new area....go and visit/take a tour of the school (it is time well spent)!

http://ed.sc.gov/topics/assessment/scores/ayp/2006/show_district_ayp.cfm?ID=2901 (broken link)

Old 05-23-2007, 02:15 PM

251 posts, read 1,128,416 times
Please be advised that the AYP results for NCLB is no indication of the quality of any school. The benchmarks are designed so any school which has a number of special needs students or any degree of diversity WILL NOT meet the AYP. Many of the very best schools in the country have not met AYP. Now, I would be concerned with a school which did not meet many of its goals---in Lancaster County that would be Lancaster High School. Indianland students attend either Indianland Elementary/Middle School (to be separated into two schools next year) or Indianland High.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:14 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,215,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedog View Post
Please be advised that the AYP results for NCLB is no indication of the quality of any school. The benchmarks are designed so any school which has a number of special needs students or any degree of diversity WILL NOT meet the AYP. Many of the very best schools in the country have not met AYP. Now, I would be concerned with a school which did not meet many of its goals---in Lancaster County that would be Lancaster High School. Indianland students attend either Indianland Elementary/Middle School (to be separated into two schools next year) or Indianland High.
Please also be advised that the link I provided (above) has easy access to any number of assessment scores that are children/teachers/schools are subjected to...but I will make it a little easier and provide the following:

http://ed.sc.gov/topics/assessment/scores/ (broken link)

Old 05-30-2007, 04:56 PM

165 posts, read 657,364 times
that builder is great he also builds in ga and tenn. i looked at his homes in ga really nice all i heard was great things about this builder .good luck and enjoy your new area

Old 09-16-2007, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 8,520 times
lovethecarolinas, I see that you and Moe like to fight about Indian Land schools (as observed in other threads).

I will soon be moving from Ballantyne to Bridge Mill. My son attends Endhaven Elementary school now. Now, I know the school is very good, but truth be told, I think schools have far too many responsibiliies today. Sure, I think for the most part, the education is likely better. But the sheer volume of work forced upon kids is absurd. My wife, me, or our daughter spend an hour a night with him doing homework.

So your desire to point out AYP's and other scores really means little to me. I think the education system has gotten lost in a self centric tailspin. How is it that my generation (graduated 88) has sustained a 20 year economic growth without the aid of this education? I think we need to get back to basics, and allow teachers to teach the way we all know it should be done. The way WE would teach our kids.

Give me an a$$ whipping waiver and I will sign it. Put some authority back into the hands of the teachers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina