Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 10:37 AM

2 posts, read 6,119 times

Advertisements

I'm a recent transplant to the Lake Wylie Area with an autistic child. I'm interested in any local support groups, parent groups, friendship groups for families of children with autism? Does anyone know of any? Everything I'm finding is out of Columbia. Throw me a lead if you have any.

aumom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 03:37 PM

268 posts, read 1,108,366 times
I live in ROck Hill.. They have some support groups under Family Connection, but don't meet much..

I would love to start one in the area....

I moved here 3 years ago... and I, too, see most of the support groups are in COlumbia and/or Greenville

Old 02-14-2010, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 6,119 times
Default thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I've been in contact with Family Connections and did talk to someone about a support group that meets on Friday mornings in Rock Hill.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:51 AM

10 posts, read 50,346 times
Default Autism Classrooms Clover, SC

Hello,

I saw your post and am wondering if you know of any autism programs (ABA) in the Clover School District. I saw an ad placed by the district hiring an autism teacher possibly for Larne Elementary just a few weeks ago. I also heard from someone else that the district may have ABA classrooms, but no specific details yet. We have a 6 year old boy and are thinking about relocating to the area. Do you have any helpful info?

Thanks>

Bill

Old 11-18-2011, 08:03 AM

115 posts, read 228,988 times
My family is relocating to Ft. Mill in January. I, too, am interested in a support group. Just wondering if one was ever started in Ft. Mill. I have an 11 year old daughter with autism - she is in 5th grade. I am also looking for parents' opinions and info about the different school districts and their spec ed depts'. strengths and weaknesses. We are 99% sure that we will move to Ft. Mill, but I am wondering if there might be a better district for my daughter - either in NC or SC. Thanks.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:16 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,962,389 times
There is another post in the York County, Lancaster Co looking for a support group... with several replies you might want to check it out.

Autism and ADHD support groups in Fort Mill?
Union63
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina