Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 03:01 PM

8,249 posts, read 13,375,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaClemsonFan11 View Post
But Florence is not big enough or well known enough to be a landmark for a separate town to identify themselves with, I didnt even realize Forest Acres was its own city until a year ago, I always thought it was like Rosewood or Shandon because it is intermingled with Columbia unlike Darlington and Florence.
yeah the only TRUE Florence suburb is the Town of Quinby.. I still dont know why that place even exists.. its nothing more than a subdivison....LOL... And I believe they do the same thing as Forest Acres residents.. Im from Florence.. what part.. Quinby..... I should give Forest Acres more credit though.. Quinby is more akin to Arcadia Lakes.. which is an HOA that basically became a town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 03:07 PM

376 posts, read 728,572 times
I think people in florence tend to identify what part they live in by the high school in the area, west or south or wilson.

Forest Acres does feel like a little village adjacent to Columbia. It would be easy to live there and not go into Columbia that much which is a bit different from your average suburb, at least in SC.

I've been surprised by all the interest in Florence on this forum. I guess it has a little more buzz going for it then it used to. I wish that I was in my formative years there now than when I was growing up given all the new stuff there.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHarrison84 View Post
I think people in florence tend to identify what part they live in by the high school in the area, west or south or wilson.

Forest Acres does feel like a little village adjacent to Columbia. It would be easy to live there and not go into Columbia that much which is a bit different from your average suburb, at least in SC.

I've been surprised by all the interest in Florence on this forum. I guess it has a little more buzz going for it then it used to. I wish that I was in my formative years there now than when I was growing up given all the new stuff there.

Talking about another City other than Columbia, Greenville, Charleston/North Charleston and Myrtle Beach is often a nice change of pace... atleast for me anyway.. I still love my hometown... Go Gamecocks.... I would love someone to restart one on Sumter... another long lost third tier city....

Old 08-13-2013, 05:56 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,330,780 times
Quote:
Greenwood would have been better off if it was located closer to the lake. It would have a more resorty feel to it.

The interstate hasn't done much for Dillion, Orangeburg, Walterboro, etc.
You can be at Lake Greenwood in 10 minutes or less.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-13-2013, 07:05 PM

376 posts, read 728,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
You can be at Lake Greenwood in 10 minutes or less.

Oh, well my father used to talk about retiring there and living on the lake. I thought he said the houses on the lake were like 30 minutes from Greenwood.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:26 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,330,780 times
Quote:
Oh, well my father used to talk about retiring there and living on the lake. I thought he said the houses on the lake were like 30 minutes from Greenwood.
No they aren't. I grew up there.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:03 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,947,856 times
Quote:

Your right, It seemed like most people didnt really sub categorize Florence like Columbia until it was asked where they went to HS. Of course this is was in college so everyone wanted to know what HS you went to!

Old 08-15-2013, 06:30 AM

235 posts, read 528,616 times
Dont forget about Effingham. That area, at least around Alligator Road/Savannah Grove area has grown a lot since when I first moved out there in 1996 when I had hardly any neighbors now there's plenty of new subdivisions out there.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico020 View Post
Dont forget about Effingham. That area, at least around Alligator Road/Savannah Grove area has grown a lot since when I first moved out there in 1996 when I had hardly any neighbors now there's plenty of new subdivisions out there.

Yeah you cant forget about "F*" ingham... Back in the day if you said "I am going to effingham".. people would think you were going to the jail.. because that was all that was out there.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:53 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,947,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Yeah you cant forget about "F*" ingham... Back in the day if you said "I am going to effingham".. people would think you were going to the jail.. because that was all that was out there.
There is this guy we all knew that had been arrested a few times and he was out with this his new gf one night and I asked her if he showed her his condo in Effingham! We got a good laugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina