Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 02:55 PM

723 posts, read 1,045,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The popular places to commute from are Black Hawk, Summerset, Piedmont, Hermosa. They are all reasonable drives with great roads.

Spearfish is a bit of a drive. I wouldn't be a drive I'd want to make every day. With gas prices being somewhat volatile. I am bidding a project in Spearfish, thinking about the logistics of it, hauling equipment and materials etc. If you were to commute that far you'd spend a fair amount of your paycheck on fuel.
Thank you!! That is my reason for asking, Spearfish will most definitely be out... bidding huh? What kind of work, if you don't mind me asking? I actually do not have anything lined up here in Illinois at the moment otherwise, yes that would be beneficial for our move!! But, because of that I am trying to make the move sooner. Maybe as soon as a week or two. By myself, of course. I may just live in Rapid, as to avoid more confusion. Moving half way across the country will be chaotic enough!! If that were the route I were to choose, where would you recommend I live in Rapid. As far as neighborhood's/area's are concerned. My girls are 2 and 3 yrs old so parks are a huge plus!!

Thank you for all the help you have been SD4020!!
Much appreciation!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 03:36 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
I will bid the project. For me working the logistics, where to get materials, rent equipment vs hauling it things like that. I will take on the work for sure. If it works well it would be a great way to network. It is a landscape project.

organization is key, but that is any project or endeavor.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:51 PM

21 posts, read 39,866 times
Just wondering how everything worked out. I'm exploring the options for moving back to RC from Alaska. Been here 40 years and I'm ready to return to my birthplace. I'm 62 and have adopted by great-nephew who is now 3, so lots to consider. Any thoughts?

Old 07-25-2012, 06:28 PM

Hello all,

It took much longer than expected to leave that PLACE I used to live. But am happy to tell you all that my move to Rapid City has been a real experience. It took a while to get on my feet, but my family and I are now in Rapid!! This place is even better than I ever imagined. We couldn't be happier!! Thanks to everyone who gave me input, it helped tremendously!! I will never leave western South Dakota!!

Old 07-26-2012, 12:04 PM

948 posts, read 2,790,748 times
Welcome to the Black Hills!

Old 08-31-2012, 06:09 PM

15 posts, read 32,477 times
Based on what I've read here, I won't be moving to South Dakota without a job offer in hand. Thanks for the honesty!

Old 09-04-2012, 02:38 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,108,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISGuy View Post
Based on what I've read here, I won't be moving to South Dakota without a job offer in hand. Thanks for the honesty!
THAT is an excellent idea, and one that more people would be wise to keep in mind. Also make sure that the offer in question can provide for your needs. Many people hold more than one job out here to make ends meet!

Old 09-13-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISGuy View Post
I actually had a job offer (in hand)..... but I arrived to find out the position was given to someone else!! Don't always believe what you hear. The people here are some of the best I've ever met, but people are still people. I had to work very hard to get to stay here, and believe me, it was well worth it. But I caution anyone that desires to live here to be prepared to work hard at living here, and (A) job is not enough............ it must be the (RIGHT) job!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota