Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 01:16 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,856,235 times

Advertisements

Are there any VA clinics in S D?

uh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 03:58 PM
dpf

132 posts, read 316,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleharley View Post
Are there any VA clinics in S D?

uh
There is one in Wagner SD

Old 09-25-2012, 05:53 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
There are several:

VA Medical Center (Hospitals)

Sioux Falls: Sioux Falls VA Health Care System

Fort Meade: VA Black Hills Health Care System - Fort Meade Campus

Hot Springs: VA Black Hills Health Care System - Hot Springs Campus

Community Based Outpatient Clinic

Aberdeen: Aberdeen VA Clinic

Eagle Butte: Eagle Butte VA Clinic

Eagle Butte: Faith VA Clinic

Eagle Butte: Isabel Community Based Outpatient Clinic

McLaughlin: McLaughlin VA Clinic

Mission: Mission CBOC

Pierre: Pierre VA Clinic

Pine Ridge: Pine Ridge VA Clinic

Rapid City: Rapid City VA Clinic

Wagner: Wagner CBOC

Watertown: Watertown CBOC

Winner: Winner VA Clinic

Also, to get a ride to the nearest VA Hospital, or Clinic, you can always call the Disable American Veterans. You do not have to be disabled, you just have to need a ride. Several times, I've called DAV when the VA sent me to Billings for appointments.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:57 AM

39 posts, read 109,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcs11 View Post
Interesting information, being that I am not from your state. I would like to get into the VA system in some way, but even more I love what I have seen so far of your state, albeit online only. I have visted Colorado some years ago, around 2003, and fell in love. I just have always liked that part of the country for some reason. I think being that I have family in Kentucky/Tennessee and just love that outdoorsy, woodsy, natural feeling to things. Seems more peaceful. If I do not get the job or accept, I plan to visit anyway!
If you fell in love with Colorado then you should be looking at Grand Junction, CO. Wonderful VA Hospital here and very reasonable cost of living. You would be well accepted and find the climate very agreeable.
Gyms & Health Food stores too.

City of Grand Junction

Old 09-30-2012, 06:52 PM

77 posts, read 172,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Rider View Post
If you fell in love with Colorado then you should be looking at Grand Junction, CO. Wonderful VA Hospital here and very reasonable cost of living. You would be well accepted and find the climate very agreeable.
Gyms & Health Food stores too.

City of Grand Junction
Thanks, I keep looking on the usa jobs site for VA jobs open around the country that look appealing to me. My licensure is LPC, and the job has to accept that or I cannot apply. They either look at social workers, psychologists, or therapists. So far I've seen SD, TX, and some other places in the past but it wasn't in my area of expertise. I will take a look at Grand Junction. My hubby and I are planning a trip to Colorado soon and can't wait. He's never been, so he's in for a treat. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota