Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2007, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 3,758 times

Advertisements

Good evening:
I am looking for some help to find a rental house that my girlfriend stayed at several years ago when she was visiting family in the Sturgis/Black Hills Area. The house rented for weekly rates.
She believes it was in either, Sturgis, Hill City or Custard.
The house.....this house was built into a hill with an awesome view from the deck and to get there was not easy up a long dirt road with many switch backs.
I am hoping that I can find this house so that we can visit together soon.
If anyone is familiar with those areas and can help - it would be hugely appreciated.
She loves SD and I would love to find it for her.
If you know of any rental houses, realtors to speak with about rentals or know of some place similar with an awesome view please let me know.
Have a great holiday all.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 11:53 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
HI TM and welcome to the forum!

I won't personally know of the house she's talking about, but a few of the members might if we can get it narrowed down a bit. What does she remember about the town she lived near? Was there an 1880 train or was it a popular town for the motorcycle rally? If you have just a bit more info, someone may be able to help you find it.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:58 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,716,248 times
Each one of those towns are pretty distant from each other. Sturgis is in the Northern Black Hills, Hill City is Central, and Custer is Southern. Try to narrow down the town. The way you described it sounds like pretty much any town here too.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,284 times
Thumbs up Hill City, SD House

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgib View Post
Good evening:
I am looking for some help to find a rental house that my girlfriend stayed at several years ago when she was visiting family in the Sturgis/Black Hills Area. The house rented for weekly rates.
She believes it was in either, Sturgis, Hill City or Custard.
The house.....this house was built into a hill with an awesome view from the deck and to get there was not easy up a long dirt road with many switch backs.
I am hoping that I can find this house so that we can visit together soon.
If anyone is familiar with those areas and can help - it would be hugely appreciated.
She loves SD and I would love to find it for her.
If you know of any rental houses, realtors to speak with about rentals or know of some place similar with an awesome view please let me know.
Have a great holiday all.
Thanks!
I live outside of Hill City, and will be renting out our house during the rally this year for the first time. If you are interested, let me know and I will send some pictures and more information about our place. We are on 3 acres and it's beautiful! Our back yard is the Black Hills National Forest, and it's very private with a lot of wildlife in our yard to include big horn sheep, deer, and turkeys. The house is only 2 years old and all 2300 sq feet of living space on one level. I hope you find what you are looking for!

Old 01-21-2009, 02:12 PM

955 posts, read 3,648,622 times
There are just so many that it is difficult to pinpoint anything based on the info you gave -

was it a log home
old or new
and actual location would help a lot!

Here are a few pages you can look through

Black Hills Vacation Rentals, South Dakota Log Cabin Homes
Black Hills Executive Lodging Home
GreatRentals Black Hills Vacation Rental Accommodations
Black Hills Vacation Homes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota