Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 13,064 times

Advertisements

Looking for some local input! I'm planning my friend's bachelorette party - she goes to USD, so we might come to Vermillion, but I've never actually been there. What are some fun places in town to go, or things to do?

Note: I'm actually at Northwestern in Orange City, IA, as are many of the guests - if any of you know any hot spots in between the 2 locations, that info would be appreciated as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 04:03 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,713,261 times
Sioux Falls?

Old 01-16-2008, 11:39 PM

haha, point taken. maybe that is the best option. (?)

Old 01-16-2008, 11:43 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,923,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikifaye View Post
Looking for some local input! I'm planning my friend's bachelorette party - she goes to USD, so we might come to Vermillion, but I've never actually been there. What are some fun places in town to go, or things to do?

Note: I'm actually at Northwestern in Orange City, IA, as are many of the guests - if any of you know any hot spots in between the 2 locations, that info would be appreciated as well!
If you are over 21, Pressbox and Carey's are very popular hangout spots. The Coyotes have games in the Dakota Dome. Basketball is fun to watch. I have been to a few of them when I was in college there and found them to be fun to watch. I should make a quick trip down to see one again.

There is a bowling alley near the Dakota Dome that is another hangout spot. The Coyote Twin Theaters is downtown and is cheap to see a movie, much more than Sioux Falls.

Sioux Falls and Sioux City are not too far and have malls and additional enterntainment venues.

It is easy to spend a lot of time socializing in Vermillion.

If you plan to eat out in Vermillion, Mexico Viejo, Little Italy's, and Chay's (Chinese) are great places to eat. I like the first one the best.

Good luck and have an excellent time in the Vermillion area.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 AM

284 posts, read 1,657,104 times
As other posters mentioned, I suggest Sioux Falls. Bachelorette parties at college bars are kind of, well, how do I put this nicely...out of place?

Old 01-17-2008, 11:11 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,923,118 times
Well, if college bars are out of place, Sioux Falls or Sioux City has a number of nice restaurants and places to have a bachelorette party. Sioux City has a lot of restaurants near the Lakeport Commons/Southern Hills Mall area and Sioux Falls has nice restaurants near the Empire Mall, on 41st St., and along Minnesota Ave, There are also some nice restaurants in downtown Sioux Falls and a few on the east side of the city.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:57 AM

Thanks, I think we are going to move it to Sioux Falls, and there is talk of a "Classy to Trashy" theme - start out at a nice restaurant at end at a dive bar. If you can think of specific places we should go, please let me know! Thanks again for your input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota