Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 07:28 PM

325 posts, read 1,548,777 times

Advertisements

Well! I never!! I'm also glad NoDak and SoDak are seperate. If you really focus in on what each state has to offer, they both have so much(yet different)! I guess, like everything else, it really depends on what your looking for! North Dakota vs South Dakota which is better? How childish! My daddy is bigger than yours... Like who care's about anyone in the Dakotas. We should get together here, or maybe not. Maybe it's best the Dakotas alway's remain the USA's best kept secret?????? I think I would hope we are the last best place left on earth!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 07:29 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Then what would they be?

Northwest Dakota
Northeast Dakota
Southwest Dakota
Southeast Dakota

That's as bad as the streets are in Miller.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:30 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,950 times
mikey, I didn't understand your post?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:46 PM

I'm moving back home after 40 years (North Daktoa). North Dakota and South Dakota are great states. I love them both. I think its great we can keep ourselves seperate and yet we love the northern and southern part of the Dakots. Not sure why we need to seperate the Dakotas. Maybe there is anger between NoDak or SoDak, but not sure why? Sounds rather childish to me..

Old 02-13-2008, 07:51 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyToo View Post
I'm moving back home after 40 years (North Daktoa). North Dakota and South Dakota are great states. I love them both. I think its great we can keep ourselves seperate and yet we love the northern and southern part of the Dakots. Not sure why we need to seperate the Dakotas. Maybe there is anger between NoDak or SoDak, but not sure why? Sounds rather childish to me..
I don't think there's any anger between the Dakotas. At least I hope not cause for as small as we are in population, we need to stick together. There's a much bigger world out there that we can hassle with rather then each other.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:58 PM

Jammie.. That was what I thought I said...) Maybe bad selection of words? Heck yes! Guess what!! We are all are going to die! I will say in heaven (if I get there) dear God, did you like north or south dakota best. He would say. huh? dakota? Are they close to Iowa?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:29 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
MikeyToo,

I think you misread somewhere along the line. First we were joking around about making the two states into one state and just call it Dakota. Then somebody mentioned we'd loose 2 senators. So then somebody said, well then lets split both of them and double the amount of senators.

The whole thread has been tongue in cheek. So don't take it too seriously.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:36 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,569 times
South Dakotans and North Dakotans joke about each other but it is in good faith. I know that many South Dakotans think that North Dakota is the flat, cold tundra to our north and I am sure that North Dakotans have an inference about South Dakota. South Dakotans and North Dakotans shall unite, even as two separate states, to provide solutions to our world's problems. There are many wise people in both states, some progressive/liberal and traditionalist/conservative.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:27 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,856,811 times
It's winter time in North Dakota.
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love North Dakota
When the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave North Dakota
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!!

uh

Old 02-14-2008, 03:40 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Good luck. You have as much chance of annex'ing North Dakota as you do making Caputa the state capital.

Also, you can't merge states. When they signed into statehood, they signed into some agreements. Do you know there is only one state that can legally succeed from the Union? Texas refused to sign statehood without that clause. They can succeed and become their own country.
Actually, Elk Hunter, that's a good point. Texas, in all likelihood, will remain a state and keep things like they are. Now, you have to watch what you say. We'd have to secede from the USA if such a thing is ever to take place; it can, but it just won't happen. We may have a lot of pride in Texas, but I have faith we will definitely remain a state. We're Americans and we like it that way.

And as for succeeding, I think we're already successful, my friend..

And, no, I don't think Dakota would work.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota