Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2017, 12:52 PM

6 posts, read 6,677 times

Advertisements

Coming to check out these two areas as soon as the snow melts.
What can anyone tell me about these two cities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 04:11 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Mitchell folk seem friendly enough. The place has a lot of new stores/strip malls, but probably bland for my liking. I'm currently visiting the towns around Mt Rushmore - more to my liking, especially during the non-winter months.....

Old 07-03-2017, 11:25 AM

3 posts, read 3,646 times
Born and raised in Huron and left after high school and currently living in Sioux Falls for the last 20 years. My parents, brother and extended family still live there. It's nice, safe and a small town. People overall are very friendly, but Huron can be pretty boring though haha Although that is dependent upon what you like to do of course. Any specific questions you have about Huron?

Old 07-03-2017, 07:52 PM

3 posts, read 3,646 times
Don't get me wrong there is still plenty to do. Huron hosts the South Dakota State Fair, which is fun. Wheel Jam is popular and fun and they have other events year round. The fair grounds also have racing during the summer, which is also fun. Huron has a few good parks for the kids including Rocket slide park and Memorial Park near the James River and are nice parks. They have a water slide park and that is really good. Ravine Lake is small, but it's in Huron, you can swim, fish, boat, jet ski, water ski etc. Lake Byron is a decent sized lake and is near Huron. You can do plenty of fishing in the James River in Huron if that interests you as well. They have a movie theater.

Huron has a few golf courses. Huron has great hunting in the rural areas and nearby small towns. You can hunt pheasants, deer, geese, ducks etc etc. They have a few good restaurants and a limited amount of the big fast food joints such as McDonald's, Burger King, Subway and Taco John's. I would say the shopping isn't that great and doesn't seem to be a lot of options and last I knew there really wasn't much of anything in their mall, but Huron does have a Walmart. I am far removed from the bar scene in Huron, so don't know how it is today. But back in my day I thought it was pretty boring. Hope that helps a bit more haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota