U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 02:39 PM

996 posts, read 346,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick13 View Post
So, why are you trolling the S D forum?
In another post the person said they recently moved to Huron. Sadly what the poster says is true and not trolling.

I am another person planning on moving in the next few years because of how horrible the town has become.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 03:15 PM

34 posts, read 51,151 times
Strange analogy considering Puerto Rico is part of the United States. Moving from one part of the U.S. to another is not immigration. It's moving.

Old Today, 06:20 AM

10,185 posts, read 9,525,769 times
meh. If people are working who cares where they come from as long as the play by the rules to get here. Huron has a very large population of Karen Tribesman working at Dakota Provision. .I think they are a majority of the work force there, big deal. I wouldn't want to cut buttholes out of Turkeys but they will. While you are talking about diversity in the area, it should be mentioned that all the turkeys produced there are raised by Hutterites . Look an a google map of the area, colony's abound in Beadle county. Big deal the economy is rocking in the area. look at construction starts, look at the cost of houses....someone is paying large for new housing. There's a reason for that....JOBS. There's a 70 million dollar powerplant under construction there right now. People don't drop that kind of investment for no reason. I am actually looking forward to moving there next month..

Old Today, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
meh. If people are working who cares where they come from as long as the play by the rules to get here. Huron has a very large population of Karen Tribesman working at Dakota Provision. .I think they are a majority of the work force there, big deal. I wouldn't want to cut buttholes out of Turkeys but they will. While you are talking about diversity in the area, it should be mentioned that all the turkeys produced there are raised by Hutterites . Look an a google map of the area, colony's abound in Beadle county. Big deal the economy is rocking in the area. look at construction starts, look at the cost of houses....someone is paying large for new housing. There's a reason for that....JOBS. There's a 70 million dollar powerplant under construction there right now. People don't drop that kind of investment for no reason. I am actually looking forward to moving there next month..
You might like it here.

Last edited by sam812; Today at 08:21 AM..

Old Today, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
The one real plus is there is now an amazing selection of places to eat for such a small town.

Old Today, 06:49 PM

10,185 posts, read 9,525,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
You might like it here.
I like anywhere that pays 6 figures.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota