Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 03:27 PM

24 posts, read 44,498 times

Advertisements

Anybody have thoughts on Mobridge as a place to retire to ? I think it would put me in the heart of hunting and fishing and hopefully affordable living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 11:49 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,921,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdog View Post
Anybody have thoughts on Mobridge as a place to retire to ? I think it would put me in the heart of hunting and fishing and hopefully affordable living.
If you're a HUGE fishing person (and hunting to a lesser degree) it would be a good place to retire. If you're only marginally into fishing and like other amenities, it would be boring as hell. I'm sure it would be quite affordable to live there. If your idea of a great retirement life is being on the river 4-5 days a week, this may very well be for you. There are tons of people from Sioux Falls that go there all the time to fish as it's definitely a top fishing destination in the state.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:37 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,599,549 times
Late last summer I asked the guy who posts on Facebook for the National Weather Service in Sioux Falls which town East River has the lowest average humidity or lowest average dewpoint in the summertime, and he said probably Mobridge.

That should mean that summers in Mobridge will be more bearable than summers elsewhere East River in SD.

Old 02-03-2019, 06:56 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,678,938 times
The only fishing close is the Missouri river. It is great but most people going there are taking a boat with them. There is basically nothing there for amenities and is farther away from them than much better choices. If you like hunting prairie dogs it is great but have never heard of anybody going there to hunt anything else.

If you like small towns look at Arlington. It really is the center of great hunting and fishing. Several nice lakes within 25 miles. Great pheasant and deer hunting in the area. It is a small town but is only 20 miles from Brookings and 38 miles from Watertown. Our only kinda big city Sioux Falls is only 77 miles away.

Two other great small towns are DeSmet and Lake Preston. They are also in that same area as Arlington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota