U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-16-2020, 06:42 AM
 
797 posts, read 271,178 times
Reputation: 1526

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wharton View Post
Here in the northeast, the MAJORITY care what elected leaders have to say, and do what's normal rational adults do when faced with a crisis, that being act like adults and follow experts. The result of not being delusional, ignorant, self-centered fools, you ask? Well, at the moment, SD is running a per capita new case rate that is 775% higher than my state, and 1150% higher than my county.

What did Forest Gump have to say about stupid? "Stupid is as stupid does". Hey, how about another bike rally, or maybe just pack everybody into airplane hangers, nice and tight, with no masks, to worship dear leader.
OMG, you are from the northeast where everyone is perfect, you should have said that to begin with. It is so cool you are coming to the SD section to give us your great knowledge. Thank you so much for your opinion on something you know nothing about. Bless your heart.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 10-16-2020, 03:32 PM
 
6,490 posts, read 7,793,111 times
Reputation: 3763
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
But hey lets blame the problem on someone who really has zero control on what really happens. Imagine the hissy fits that would have happened if real measures were enacted here like in countries that the virus has been controlled.

You mean like in Europe where they are having huge spikes ?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-16-2020, 05:48 PM
 
584 posts, read 251,986 times
Reputation: 2082
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
OMG, you are from the northeast where everyone is perfect, you should have said that to begin with. It is so cool you are coming to the SD section to give us your great knowledge. Thank you so much for your opinion on something you know nothing about. Bless your heart.
A mature and valuable reply. I'm not sure how you determined that it's a topic I know little of, but since you respond like a forth grader, I'm guessing you probably don't possess an expansive knowledge base on the issue yourself. You are dealing with a moron of a governor, who is telling the herd of believers, (as opposed to rational, educated folks with the desire to think for themselves), that there is no real issue, and she has done a great job in her non-response to the epidemic. If that works for you, that's great. Obviously, science, data and reality are not on your side, but you don't seem like the type that would let that bother you. Good luck. You're breaking records in SD. Not quite ND level yet, so you might want to throw a few more gatherings, rallies, pack the church pews, whatever it takes to crank up the stupid.

When you've had enough death and heartbreak, take a look at another Dolt governor. Ducey from Arizona. He is another mini T-rump. He declared the outbreak as being in the rear view mirror at the end of May. At the end of June, Arizona was out of control, not as stupid as SD, but in a full blown outbreak. The governor signed a mask mandate, and closed bars, gyms, etc... within thirty days the infection rate dropped by 75%. That's what happens when you make a temporary attempt at competent leadership, and have a populace that will cooperate. Probably not viable in SD, since nobody tells you what to do, right?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-16-2020, 06:06 PM
 
797 posts, read 271,178 times
Reputation: 1526
Quote:
Originally Posted by wharton View Post
A mature and valuable reply. I'm not sure how you determined that it's a topic I know little of, but since you respond like a forth grader, I'm guessing you probably don't possess an expansive knowledge base on the issue yourself. You are dealing with a moron of a governor, who is telling the herd of believers, (as opposed to rational, educated folks with the desire to think for themselves), that there is no real issue, and she has done a great job in her non-response to the epidemic. If that works for you, that's great. Obviously, science, data and reality are not on your side, but you don't seem like the type that would let that bother you. Good luck. You're breaking records in SD. Not quite ND level yet, so you might want to throw a few more gatherings, rallies, pack the church pews, whatever it takes to crank up the stupid.

When you've had enough death and heartbreak, take a look at another Dolt governor. Ducey from Arizona. He is another mini T-rump. He declared the outbreak as being in the rear view mirror at the end of May. At the end of June, Arizona was out of control, not as stupid as SD, but in a full blown outbreak. The governor signed a mask mandate, and closed bars, gyms, etc... within thirty days the infection rate dropped by 75%. That's what happens when you make a temporary attempt at competent leadership, and have a populace that will cooperate. Probably not viable in SD, since nobody tells you what to do, right?
I honestly don't have an expansive knowledge on the subject because I don't care. I also don't care about politics. I am glad there are people that do but to me it is a waste of time. I am glad you have so much extra time that you can go to a forum and post in sections that don't involve you and call people names. Does that make you feel important?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-16-2020, 09:17 PM
 
79 posts, read 28,641 times
Reputation: 148
I agree if you are not from or live here your words hold very little weight. Worry about your own state northeaster and take a walk outside with your mask on. ............
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-17-2020, 02:13 AM
 
4,327 posts, read 8,171,446 times
Reputation: 5383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
You mean like in Europe where they are having huge spikes ?
Or in South America, where Peru, with it's strict lockdown and masking, is leading the world in deaths per million? (Followed by a bunch more locked-down and masked countries)
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-17-2020, 01:56 PM
 
1,781 posts, read 2,929,202 times
Reputation: 1518
Gov Noem and Trump have demonstrated a failure of leadership and incompetence of epic proportions.

Noem is saying cases are up because of increased testing. That doesn’t explain the increases in hospitalizations!

These countries were prepared and followed the science and are much better off in terms of keeping the economic recovery and lives lost.


South Korea 443 deaths / population 51.3 million **** adjusted to USA population 2,866 deaths

Australia 904 deaths/ pop 24.9 million **** adjusted to USA population 11,980 deaths

Japan 1664 deaths /pop 125.9 million **** adjusted to USA population 4392 deaths

Germany 9773 deaths/ pop 83 million **** adjusted to USA population 38,856 deaths

It didn’t have to be this way.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-17-2020, 02:06 PM
 
2,150 posts, read 1,583,720 times
Reputation: 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Gov Noem and Trump have demonstrated a failure of leadership and incompetence of epic proportions.

Noem is saying cases are up because of increased testing. That doesn’t explain the increases in hospitalizations!

These countries were prepared and followed the science and are much better off in terms of keeping the economic recovery and lives lost.


South Korea 443 deaths / population 51.3 million **** adjusted to USA population 2,866 deaths

Australia 904 deaths/ pop 24.9 million **** adjusted to USA population 11,980 deaths

Japan 1664 deaths /pop 125.9 million **** adjusted to USA population 4392 deaths

Germany 9773 deaths/ pop 83 million **** adjusted to USA population 38,856 deaths

It didn’t have to be this way.
South Sudan has 4.3 deaths / million, and Belgium has 906.9 deaths / million. By your reasoning, we should do our best to emulate South Sudan, and actively avoid doing anything similar to the Belgians (or the French, English, Spanish, Italians, ...).

Sweden, which had no lock downs at all and did little more than social distancing and masks, is at 581.2 deaths / million.

Maybe, just maybe, there's more to the outcome than lock down measures that were used, even though that doesn't fit the popular political narrative. What you've done above is cherry pick data, which has a political purpose, but no other purpose.

Last edited by jdhpa; 10-17-2020 at 02:17 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-17-2020, 04:17 PM
 
1,781 posts, read 2,929,202 times
Reputation: 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhpa View Post
South Sudan has 4.3 deaths / million, and Belgium has 906.9 deaths / million. By your reasoning, we should do our best to emulate South Sudan, and actively avoid doing anything similar to the Belgians (or the French, English, Spanish, Italians, ...).

Sweden, which had no lock downs at all and did little more than social distancing and masks, is at 581.2 deaths / million.

Maybe, just maybe, there's more to the outcome than lock down measures that were used, even though that doesn't fit the popular political narrative. What you've done above is cherry pick data, which has a political purpose, but no other purpose.

The ineptitude and failure of governance of the trump administration was not limited to inadequate action on promoting social distancing,mask wearing and lockdowns.
Let’s review some examples of the administration’s incompetence in regard to covid

Trump received CDC,MIC(military intelligence corps),NSA,CIA and NSC reports on the pandemic urging them to take aggressive action. Trump ignored them.Mayors and governors don’t have access to these reports

When the CDC failed to provide functioning covid19 tests kits the FDA forbade local public health departments and universities from conducting laboratory tests to determine if covid19 had community spread. This led to delays in confirming community spread and is on trump,FDA and CDC.

The trump administration had access to the NSC pandemic playbook which they ignored.

The trump administration disbanded the NSC pandemic group

The trump administration removed the CDC surveillance monitor in china.


the CDC did not allow testing of symptomatic travelers from Italy ,Iran and South Korea until March 3rd
I want to be clear, even if you had a fever and cough and you came from these countries during large outbreaks you could not be tested.

The trump administration did not insure resources were available to get positive Covid results back within 24 -48 hours allowing for contact tracing. Results were coming back up to 14 days later making contact tracing impossible

The trump administration did not provide resources to hire and train contact tracers


So I agree there is more than the administration’s approach to lockdowns that led to 219,000 dead Americans
Rate this post positively
 
Old 10-18-2020, 09:42 AM
 
2,150 posts, read 1,583,720 times
Reputation: 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
The ineptitude and failure of governance of the trump administration was not limited to inadequate action on promoting social distancing,mask wearing and lockdowns.
Let’s review some examples of the administration’s incompetence in regard to covid

Trump received CDC,MIC(military intelligence corps),NSA,CIA and NSC reports on the pandemic urging them to take aggressive action. Trump ignored them.Mayors and governors don’t have access to these reports

When the CDC failed to provide functioning covid19 tests kits the FDA forbade local public health departments and universities from conducting laboratory tests to determine if covid19 had community spread. This led to delays in confirming community spread and is on trump,FDA and CDC.

The trump administration had access to the NSC pandemic playbook which they ignored.

The trump administration disbanded the NSC pandemic group

The trump administration removed the CDC surveillance monitor in china.


the CDC did not allow testing of symptomatic travelers from Italy ,Iran and South Korea until March 3rd
I want to be clear, even if you had a fever and cough and you came from these countries during large outbreaks you could not be tested.

The trump administration did not insure resources were available to get positive Covid results back within 24 -48 hours allowing for contact tracing. Results were coming back up to 14 days later making contact tracing impossible

The trump administration did not provide resources to hire and train contact tracers


So I agree there is more than the administration’s approach to lockdowns that led to 219,000 dead Americans
I note in your diatribe you don't happen to mention New York (and several other states) requiring nursing homes to admit patients with contagious covid-19 infections. They certainly have the results to show for it:

New York: 1720 deaths / million


Compared to South Dakota:

South Dakota: 356 deaths / million


It's obvious your comments are simply political and not meant to be constructive in any way. If you want to rant about politics, there's a forum for that.

Last edited by jdhpa; 10-18-2020 at 10:47 AM..
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top