Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2020, 02:29 AM

926 posts, read 978,405 times

Advertisements

I received solicitation for mass mail campaign by this school in SD Chamberlain. Indian pupil school run by Catholics. Before I donating i did bit of a research online and their non-profit seems controversial with aggressive mass mailing and using fake children profiles in their campaign.

But most of these online reports and investiations are done by the likes of CNN, Anderson Cooper and leftist orgs which made me believe it is political. Because from CA, leaning right, the CNN itself known to publish and spread news that turns out to be fake.

So I wanted to reahc out this forum to see if it is worth donating.
Checking yelp shows about half of reviews are about similar compplaints and also numerious people claiming they have been donating with no issues.

If things work out, I'd rather donate to children directly if possible not school if it is questionable.
BTW, the gifts I received are beautiful, and children are adorable if they are real and attending school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2020, 02:36 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,597,105 times
If you want to donate to a legitimate, well respected charity that benefits Lakota children, I'd suggest One Spirit https://www.onespiritlakota.org/ They do very good work. I have been donating to them for years. They do not over-solicit, and the funds go directly to help the people.

St. Joseph's Indian School is a legitimate school, but it does have a bad reputation regarding it's fundraising practices. Those problems may be in the past, but I am not sure enough about it to donate to them myself.

Old 12-02-2020, 09:29 PM

926 posts, read 978,405 times
ok thx, donated 50$ for time being
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota