Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:17 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,191 times

Advertisements

I love posting questions... I love learning about all you guys!

My question is:
What would you like to see in your town/city? The most important thing?
Whether it be new parks, more restaurants...maybe you are living in a small town and would like a grocery store?

For me, in Sioux Falls, I would love to see an Events Center built. That is the one thing. And I've reviewed all the options, and I don't care where its built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 10:29 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,923,510 times
In the Sioux Falls metro, I would agree with MJ1986 on the new events center. In some ways, I would like it downtown. I also would like to see Dawley Farm and Galleria get going with the mentioning of a new SuperTarget, BestBuy, and movie theater.

In my town, I would like to see a Subway and a fast food restaurant. More eating choices. Also, I would like to see more housing options such as a few newer starter homes and townhomes. Would not mind to buy one a few years down the road.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:58 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
I'd like to see more parks here. Not the event parks, but flowerly ones like Hitchcock Park.

They've been debating over an Event Center for a few years now. I'm not really sure if I'm for it or against it. We're aren't sports fans, but MAYBE our town would gain from it.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:16 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,495,325 times
the village I live in could not support a cafe, along the hiway, 10+years ago.....We are extremely lucky, to have a gas station/CStore, at the junction of 34&37.....
the new school's location,(formerly Atresian~Letcher, now Sanborn Central) has provided us with some recognition, with the recent ground breaking for the windmill/energy program!

Old 09-29-2008, 10:01 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,191 times
That's exciting, Debey! I drove through SW Minnesota a few weeks ago. They have many wind turbines there. I couldn't believe the size of them. They are so massive. I have heard more are going up in north central South Dakota.
I saw a sign in the parking lot of the K-Mart/Sunshine Foods on East 10th selling Forestburg melons in the parking lot today. I would've stopped for one but I had to get to work!

Jammie, I don't think I've been to Hitchcock Park. If I travel through Mitchell again, I'll have to put it on my list.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:06 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,714,004 times
I'd love to see a Whole Foods or a Wild Oats Market come to Rapid City. I'm pretty excited to see all the new stores and restaurants that are coming to town with Rushmore Crossing. Cabela's was on everyone's list here for a long time and I'm glad we have one now. I hope the Farmer's Market gets bigger even though it is very popular. I'd also like to see the completion of Rushmont Tower, Fountain Park, and all the parking garages planned for Downtown.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:13 AM

955 posts, read 3,648,230 times
I would like the proposed second wal-mart to be built - also keep the new shops and restaurants (please more variety) comming - I agree Danny - I would like to see Fountain park and Rushmont Tower in downtown in the future!

Old 10-01-2008, 12:27 PM

464 posts, read 1,355,541 times
simple....
more, more, and MORE!

No, really, Famous Daves, Grisanti's are the restaurants I want.
Dillards or Macy's
SPRINT cellular
HyVee
Panera Bread

and a Santa that wears the TRADITIONAL Santa outfit, not the crazy shirted Santa we have at Rushmore Mall!
(every year my kids ask where his suit is and I have to explain that maybe all his laundry is dirty and that stupid shirt is the only thing he had clean!)

Old 10-01-2008, 03:12 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,714,004 times
Ashnat, a Panera Bread is slated for Rushmore Crossing. Atlanta Bread Co. is too. I LOVE Panera!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 05:20 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,923,510 times
I would like to see a third Wal-Mart in Sioux Falls and a third Sonic, but on the south side of the city. A Bob Evans, Steak N Shake, and Red Robin would be nice additions to the restaurant scene in Sioux Falls.

In my town, it would be good to see a McDonalds, Taco Johns, and/or Subway come up with two new employers in the industrial park (which are expected to easily add employment). It may be a hare small, but it can have something to keep people eating out in town for something quick and cheap instead of losing business to Sioux Falls. It would be good for sales tax revenue also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota