Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 12:33 AM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,950 times

Advertisements

Lol.... what does 32 miles from Russia mean? I'm not usually one to argue.... but this got me going...
and small town mayor...Governor for 16 months!... Wow, that is definitely someone that I want as Vice President. Might as well have Janklow for the VP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 12:36 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1986 View Post
Lol.... what does 32 miles from Russia mean? I'm not usually one to argue.... but this got me going...
and small town mayor...Governor for 16 months!... Wow, that is definitely someone that I want as Vice President. Might as well have Janklow for the VP!
Have you ever looked at Lincoln and his past political history before becoming president? How many others have held office with a limited amount of time or player in the small town arena.

I guess the other things I tend to look at is how a candidate handles thinking under pressure and off the cuff.

Again stating opinions... Take it or leave it... Just something to ponder.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:31 AM

230 posts, read 626,450 times
Not trying to be smart, because as I stated earlier, I think I'm just going to waste my vote and go in another direction, but does being 32 miles from Russia really qualify as "foreign policy" experience ?? Heck, if that's the case, with all the countries I've actually been to, I have more foreign policy experience than Obama and Palin put together.

HELL, I'M IN THE WRONG BUSINESS !!! GI_MARK FOR PRESIDENT !!!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:18 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Mark, if my choices on the ballot were Sarah or you, I would honestly vote for you. Seriously. The reason for that is you seem to be honest and clear-thinking and intelligent. Sarah does seem intelligent, but we all know some of the things she's lied about. It's one thing for a candidate to say they'll do things and then not to be able to accomplish them. Yet it's another thing for a candidate to lie about things they've already done OR deny bad things they have done. If it was one isolated thing like the bro-in-law situation, it may be different and could be overlooked. But now there's another news story about how she used her power as Mayor to help her friends out. She just seems to totally be lacking in fairness and integrity. She seems like the type of person that if you aren't on her side, you're her enemy.

It's too bad because she is a beautiful, articulate, and intelligent person. Her integrity is what I question. Just my opinion.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:36 PM

509 posts, read 1,680,536 times
Here is an idea. Forget about the "handlers", and let each candidate fend for themselves. Maybe there would be more honesty or at least a good circus.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:14 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,716,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl78 View Post
Have you ever looked at Lincoln and his past political history before becoming president? How many others have held office with a limited amount of time or player in the small town arena.
True, but I don't think Lincoln had much to worry about with foreign policy!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 11:21 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
True, but I don't think Lincoln had much to worry about with foreign policy!!!
He had a whole different set of challenges. He had limited political expirience, at least at the elected level.

Yes foreign policy at that time would have been a factor. England had a vested interest in the south and supported the confederate states in the war. France might have been a player

Old 10-03-2008, 10:34 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1986 View Post
Well i would concede that you had a point if the 'top 'of the dems ticket wasnt also so inexperianced.State senator,US senator for about 16 months before he started running for president,which he has been doing full time ever since.People were saying that obama had foreign policy experiance because he lived in indonesia as a child which is as silly as the alaska/canada/russia thing on the otherside.No palin doesn't have a lot of experiance,neither does obama and hes running for the #1 slot not #2.If biden had won the nomination and had picked obama as his vp pick people would be saying the same thing about him.No one can argue that mccain and biden have enough experiance but if experiance alone is someones biggest concern then i dont see how they could possibly vote for obama since he heads the ticket.Im not that hung up on the experiance issue myself,teddy roosevelt had about the same experiance as palin and he did ok.Experiance is no guarantee of anything and i think the country is going to be in real trouble for awhile regardless of which candidate gets in.The president doesnt have as much power to change things as many people think he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota