Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2008, 04:11 AM

509 posts, read 1,346,629 times

Advertisements

HI, I was just wondering if anyone around the Sioux Falls/ Harrisburg area have Satellite TV, (ie Dish Network/DirectTV). My wife and I bought a house in Harrisburg and move in next month and was just wondering if anyone had any problems with them.....

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 06:26 AM

230 posts, read 625,249 times
I have had Direct TV since I got to Sioux Falls this February. I don't care for the fact the local channels aren't in HD and I don't like it when the local channels go out due to storms. Outside of that, I love it. There are a ton of HD channels, the price is far better than what I was paying for Time Warner Cable down in Texas, and it's a football fans dream come true.

If you are a football fan, the NFL Sunday Ticket (although a little pricey) is the best. They threw in the Superfan package for only 40 bucks more and I get all the games in HD, plus the redzone and game mix channel. I got a 52in LCD as a gift for myself when I came back from Afghanistan, so being able to watch 8 games at the same time on that bad boy is everything I could hope for in an in home football experience. I LOVE IT !!!

My father has dish back home in Cincinnati and HATES it. He's switching back to Direct TV... I suppose others will have their own experiences to share that may be quite different. Good luck !!!

Oh yeah I almost forgot, I'm a BIG fantasy football player and I can plug my FF team into the player tracker channel and it gives me in game status everytime one of my players scores. AWESOME !!!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:13 PM

Is it only the local channels that go out during storms? Thats pretty much the only thing that is stopping me from going with it.....I think I heard also that local channels in HD are coming as well, is this true?

Old 10-23-2008, 06:26 AM

230 posts, read 625,249 times
I haven't heard anything about the local channels coming in HD, but it sure would be nice, because the picture isn't that great otherwise. Then again, maybe it's just that I'm spoiled by the HD quality... I've only lost all channels during a storm once or twice and that was during a hail storm, but that's it.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:20 AM

Does anyone else have satellite in or around Siuox Falls?

Old 10-26-2008, 10:36 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,397,218 times
Sorry I dont... I dont know of anyone that does either.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:50 AM

955 posts, read 3,641,818 times
My brother does (Dish network) - he only looses signal during storms - same with my parents (about two hours from SF) and us here in Rapid.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:56 PM

68 posts, read 171,657 times
I have DirecTV. I live near rapid. We only have signal loss when it is very very cloudy and windy, with low visibility (I.E. a blizzard) usually our cable goes out before DirecTV dose! Beyond that, our service has been excellent. We will be getting HD around Christmas (I already have a HDTV of my own, but will be getting one for parents)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota