Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:37 AM

415 posts, read 972,834 times

Advertisements

Ok i was listening to A public radio station this morning while Trying to DRAG myself out of bed and heard a commentary broadcast that I can't recall the guys name doing the broadcast. But he had a guest on there by the name of Attorney Philip Burg in PA, who had brought forth a Motion or something about Obama's Citizenship and that he was born in kenya and therefor not a "Natural Born" Citizen as he is claiming to be. The 3rd Requirement for becoming a US president. Obama and his minions are fefusing to answer the motion that was set forth and calling for a dismissal. They've had more than the 30 days to repsond to the motion and refuse to do it. Mainstream media is NOT covering this at all.

If he's not a "natural born" citizen, then how can he become president. A Birth Certificate (natural born) is not the same thing a s Certificate of life birth (an after that fact Certificate). Are we being frauded here.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:18 PM

230 posts, read 626,541 times
I've gotten to the point that I refuse to listen to any more media discuss the candidates. THey are all full of crap and have their own agendas to persue. I don't really think any of the news channels appropriately handle BOTH sides of the election.

I tend to search out information for myself and put a TON of faith in the actions (past and present) of the candidates. Voting habits are HUGE in my book and all of that is public knowledge that can be found for those that are interested.

Without going into it further to find out about this claim about Obama, I would immediately think this was a ploy by some Republican politician to try to cast things in a bad light knowing that the upcoming election is MOST certainly going to NOT go in favor of McCain.

I'm a moderate and have voted for both parties over past elections and like being able to view all considerations regardless of party affiliation, but I don't even think this election is going to be as close as some people think it's going to be. IF I were a betting man, I would bet that McCain doesn't even get 200 Electoral votes in this election. Now I may be wrong, but it's just how I see it from my standpoint...

Old 10-22-2008, 12:52 PM

38 posts, read 148,115 times
Last I heard about this is that it seems to be a hoax, or a ploy to cast an unfavorable light on Obama, if you will. It seems shady. Mainstream media isn't touching it and Obama's camp hasn't really responded to the allegations.

I've heard that it is most likely a rumor started (probably via the internet) that gained momentum. If it there were any truth to it wouldn't you think the Democratic party would have sniffed it out months ago (because this isn't a new story) and booted Obama, as opposed to having to drop out just weeks before elections and give the Republicans the win?

I'm not saying that there definitely won't be more to this story - to be honest, I don't know. But it sounds like little more than a McCain supporter finding another way to scare votes away from Obama. (The unfortunate thing is that if it is false information it will still serve it's intended purpose. Too many people vote according to what they read on any old website or hear a far left/right commentator say on public radio instead of working to get all the facts.)

My opinion, anyways.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:52 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,718,728 times
Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, HI.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:42 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,451,343 times
Yup, what Danny said. You can check it out on Snopes. I've received a lot of forwarded emails saying the same thing and a lot of other stuff. Politics has hit a new low with this election.

In answer to your question~we are being defrauded in the fact that there is so much propoganda out there about Obama, that it should actually be illegal. It's just not fair because many people believe it.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:54 PM

955 posts, read 3,649,123 times
I am sooo tired of the crap going on with this.. over and over... everywhere you look... come on people do some research before you spread lies!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:34 PM

56 posts, read 151,183 times
I've got to ask, and maybe this is off-topic: As a reporter at the Rapid City Journal, am I a member of the mainstream media?

I hear the term bandied about, and it seems to always indicate the media "THEM" and it's not usually a favorable term. Of course, there's also Rush Limbaugh's favorite: "Drive-by media."

Would you consider your local newspaper (and yours truly) in that category?

Old 10-22-2008, 04:43 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,925,813 times
The question about Obama's place of birth is like people accusing him of being a Muslim: just bunch of rumors being started by those in the right wing who need to get a life.

Let's focus on the issues instead of digging up dirt.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:09 PM

415 posts, read 972,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusySocialWorker View Post
I am sooo tired of the crap going on with this.. over and over... everywhere you look... come on people do some research before you spread lies!

I wasn't intending to spread lies damnit, I just said I was confused, Holy cow. This was the first time I had heard about it sheesh. Excuse the hell out of me for asking for some clarification or something.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:18 PM

38 posts, read 148,115 times
"In answer to your question~we are being defrauded in the fact that there is so much propoganda out there about Obama, that it should actually be illegal."

It really should (against both parties) because the sad thing is that people really do believe it. Thousands of Americans will look you straight in the eye and tell you they know Obama is a terrorist, simply because they read it on some nutty right-wing website. And, best part, they get to vote, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota