Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:23 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,492,475 times

Advertisements

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.''

Thank you, one & all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 10:45 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
http://bestsmileys.com/usa_flags/7.gif (broken link)

To all Veterans AND their families~Thank you.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:03 PM

393 posts, read 1,069,260 times
I Pledge Allegiance To The Flag
Of The United States Of AMERICA
& To The Republic, For Which It Stands

Next...

Old 11-10-2008, 07:05 PM

415 posts, read 972,317 times
Your Very Welcome.

And I would like to say Thank you to the other Fellow Veterans out there.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:15 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times
A big thanks to all of our South Dakota veterans!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:55 PM

230 posts, read 626,272 times
Here's hoping everyone enjoys their day tomorrow. Having come back from Afghanistan earlier this year, I would like to ask one thing if I may...

At some point in time tomorrow, put thought to the fact that somewhere in the world some Soldier, Marine, Sailor, or Airman is living in conditions most couldn't possibly imagine. They are away from their families who love and worry about them. They are doing a job that could very possibly end their life every time they go out on a mission. They are at times lonely, scared, and missing their children and family. They do all this not to be rich, because that just isn't going to happen, they do it for a greater cause. The United States of America and the way of life I fear so many take for granted.

It's funny because there is hardly a day that goes by that I don't hear some young person joining the Military say to me, "It must suck having a job that makes you deal with urine and blood". I tell them that I love it, because no one shoots at me and the road doesn't blow up around me in Sioux Falls.

Have a great day and thank you all for taking the time to put thought to the sacrifices being made for this great country !!!

Old 11-10-2008, 10:18 PM

38 posts, read 187,876 times
One of my favorite things to do is look through my Grandpa's old trunk he has in the attack of his house. It's got his old uniform, pictures, a small Japanese sword, flag, etc from when he was in the South Pacific. It's humbling to think that there's nothing I could ever do (in my mind) that could live up to what he and others did for the country then and now.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:15 PM

38 posts, read 187,876 times
Holy wow how did I biff the word attic?

Old 11-11-2008, 03:32 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,921,728 times
A big thanks to the veterans and current members of the armed forces who serve in our military and have given a great deal to our great country. My thoughts and prayers are with these courageous persons.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,492,475 times
I found this on a message board, for families of Fallen Heroes, OIF
~~~~~~~~

The soldiers do not speak. Nevertheless, they are heard in the still houses: who has not heard them? They have a silence that speaks for them at night and when the clock counts. They say: We are young. We have died. Remember us. They say: We have done what we could but until it is finished it is not done. They say: We have given our lives but until it is finished no one can know what our lives gave. They say: Our deaths are not ours: they are yours they will mean what you make them. They say: Weather our lives and our deaths are for peace and a new hope or for nothing we cannot say: it is you who must say this. They say: We leave you our deaths. Give them their meaning. We were young. they say. We have died. Remember us:"
William Taylor of Bonita Springs, Fl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota