U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 07:07 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,253,821 times

Advertisements

Sioux Falls is ranked 1st and Rapid City 2nd, congratulations
25 best cities to find a job - CNN.com
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 10:44 AM

13,495 posts, read 35,882,359 times
Alright, Sioux Falls!!!! Rapid City doesn't have anything to be ashamed of there either.

That's something we have to remember at Thanksgiving~SO many people are without work and here we're blessed enough to have employment.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:27 PM

400 posts, read 1,187,537 times
This is an awesome post...
Gotta love that we have such low unemployment and rate #1 as best to find a job.
No, Jammie, Rapid certainly doesn't have anything to be ashamed of, and it's got Sioux Falls beat for beauty too.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:29 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,587,714 times
Its great too see so many plains cities in such close proximity with good numbers. We're lucky to live here whether poeple think so or not.

Sioux City/Falls has really impressed me the last couple years. I expected it out of Sioux Falls, but Sioux City?

Old 11-25-2008, 04:45 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,589,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Its great too see so many plains cities in such close proximity with good numbers. We're lucky to live here whether poeple think so or not.

Sioux City/Falls has really impressed me the last couple years. I expected it out of Sioux Falls, but Sioux City?
I am impressed also, but the cities up here have not got themselves into the subprime mess and overpriced real estate issues as opposed to other places. What helps the Upper Midwest is a stable and strong farm economy. Hopefully, we can continue to hold our own.

Sioux City has made quite a few strides since Gateway laid off a ton of people in the 2000-2001 time period. It had to diversify itself and become more progressive to overcome the massive layoffs from Gateway. Even though Micron, which has a piece of the old Gateway, is laying off a few people, Sioux City will weather this downturn better than the last. Being forced to diversity will benefit the city in the long run and being more proactive instead of depending too heavily on Gateway (peaking at 4,000 to 6,000 jobs in North Sioux City in its heyday.

Congratulations to Sioux Falls and other cities on the list.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:51 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,166,268 times
Good link, Go NE. I was surprised to see Sioux City on the list!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>