Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 06:34 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,855,288 times

Advertisements

Chili..........
I just finished up a pot of my soon to be famous Chili. I had just the right mix of spices, [McCormick] beans, hamburger, & tomatoe sauce. I aged it in the fridge and reheated it before eating the whole thing. My problem is that I always seem to have more liquid than I want at the bottom of the pot. I have tried simmering the chili longer than recomended and that helps, but after a while the beans start to turn to mush and I still have the water. My thought is that I should add some kind of flour to the mix, but I am not sure what kind. I don't want to use regular white flour, but I am thinking of corn flour or corn starch. Does anyone have any suggestions.

uh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 07:03 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times
Hamburger casserole and French bread. Simple, fast, and easy.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:33 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,407,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleharley View Post
Chili..........
I just finished up a pot of my soon to be famous Chili. I had just the right mix of spices, [McCormick] beans, hamburger, & tomatoe sauce. I aged it in the fridge and reheated it before eating the whole thing. My problem is that I always seem to have more liquid than I want at the bottom of the pot. I have tried simmering the chili longer than recomended and that helps, but after a while the beans start to turn to mush and I still have the water. My thought is that I should add some kind of flour to the mix, but I am not sure what kind. I don't want to use regular white flour, but I am thinking of corn flour or corn starch. Does anyone have any suggestions.

uh
I would try using cornstarch to thicken it up. Do you drain your beans before you add them?

Tonight I had leftover spaghetti with meat sauce...

Old 01-18-2009, 08:37 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,492,475 times
We had Ramen noodles................
Mr.Debey needs a dentist, I'm afraid.....

Old 01-18-2009, 08:43 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,855,288 times
Default Chili

No, I don't drain the beans. The reason I don't is that I have found a brand of kidney beans that has chili seasoning in the can. Most of the seasoning seems to be in the liquid so I don't drain them. The pre-seasoned beans seem to bring the McCormick seasoning to the right level so I don't want to change beans. I was also thinking of corn meal or oat meal as a thickening agent. Any opinions on that idea???

uh

Old 01-19-2009, 05:23 AM

509 posts, read 1,349,272 times
Maybe not as much water?

Old 02-09-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHomesteader View Post
You talking bout them Totino's Used to be a dollar cardboard pizza's (they are now a buck 25 at wally world LOL). I miss those sometimes. Had them alot growing up because they were cheap and easy to fix lol.

Having Chicken Cutlets, Onion Rings and Tater tots tonite.

I've been going through Bread massively this past month. 9 loaves so far since the 18th of December. We get the El Cheapo Sandwich White at Wally world. Not sure whats been going on with me, Toast with Butter, Toast with Peanut butter, PB and J sandwiches. Just been craving the hell out of toast mostly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Mmm! Good old cardboard pizza never fails a poor college kid!
I've got some stuffed mushrooms in the oven right now and they smell pretty good. I'm gonna have a nice and easy Friday night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
yep....That's the pizza! bake them on a preheated clay stone........
Consumer alert...........cardboard pizza's have recently been downsized...not a lot, but noticeable, difference....2 will now fit on m y stone, without ''hangover'' on one pizza............

Old 02-09-2009, 06:26 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Consumer alert...........cardboard pizza's have recently been downsized...not a lot, but noticeable, difference....2 will now fit on m y stone, without ''hangover'' on one pizza............
Aww dang! I've also noticed that the Lunchable pizzas have downsized a little bit and they charge more too!

Old 02-09-2009, 06:35 PM

I alson noticed ''downsize'' on Kraft's marshmellows, when my Gson was here. less, in the package......
wonder how many things are out there, that I haven't noticed?

Old 02-09-2009, 07:26 PM

415 posts, read 972,317 times
Check your cans of Tuna, I got a few left from a month ago or so and I noticed the difference while stacking them up and the two stacks didn't line up, The older ones are 6 oz and the new ones are 5 oz. Special Kitty Bagged Cat food is now 18 lbs instead of the 20 I'd been getting. Funny thing is they don't change the packaging all that much so it doesn't throw you off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota