Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 02:21 PM

415 posts, read 972,612 times

Advertisements

I shall indulge lol

1.5 lbs of Sirloin Steak Sliced THinly
2 Green Bell Peppers and 1 yellow onion cut into bite sized peices
1 Can Diced Tomatoes Drained
2 cups water
1/4 cup veggie oil
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Salt
1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
1 Tablespoons Corn Starch
4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce

Heat oil in skillet till very hot, Add the meat and stir fry till nicely browned, Add Onion, water, Garlic Salt and ginger, bring to boil, Cover and cook for about 5 min.
Add the Bell Peppers, Cover and cook another 5 min or until peppers are tender, add maters

Combine the sugar, corn starch and soy sauce in bowl and whisk together until well combined. Add this to the Meat and pepper mixture and bring to boil. Continue to cool uncovered until sauce thickens.

Serve over Steamed rice.

Not sure where she got the recipe, will ask her when she gets home from work. Was quite cook but like I said not enough meat LOL. Next time she makes it will have her add another 1.5 lbs of meat LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 07:59 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHomesteader View Post
I shall indulge lol

1.5 lbs of Sirloin Steak Sliced THinly
2 Green Bell Peppers and 1 yellow onion cut into bite sized peices
1 Can Diced Tomatoes Drained
2 cups water
1/4 cup veggie oil
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Salt
1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
1 Tablespoons Corn Starch
4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce

Heat oil in skillet till very hot, Add the meat and stir fry till nicely browned, Add Onion, water, Garlic Salt and ginger, bring to boil, Cover and cook for about 5 min.
Add the Bell Peppers, Cover and cook another 5 min or until peppers are tender, add maters

Combine the sugar, corn starch and soy sauce in bowl and whisk together until well combined. Add this to the Meat and pepper mixture and bring to boil. Continue to cool uncovered until sauce thickens.

Serve over Steamed rice.

Not sure where she got the recipe, will ask her when she gets home from work. Was quite cook but like I said not enough meat LOL. Next time she makes it will have her add another 1.5 lbs of meat LOL.
That sounds REALLY good. I'm saving this one!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:22 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
Default Unbelievably Heavenly Veggie Tummy Warmer for Everyone

I know some of you are too far from Trader Joes (in MPLS) Welcome to Trader Joe's - Your Neighborhood Grocery Store
- but if you EVER get a chance to go near one, bring your cooler so you can pick up one of the best frozen veggie pouches i have ever had. It's Balsamic and Butter frozen Veggies. Orange pouch, I think. Mushrooms, red pepper, pearl onions, green pepper, green beans, all in a wonderful balsamic buttery sauce. To die for.

I slice a red potato almost potato chip thin. Sauté it in water till soft. Add any other veggies I like (green or red peppers, or zucchini. When that's all soft, I dump in half a bag of the Balsamic veggies and simmer till they are cooked. The whole shebang takes about 15 minutes. You don't need anything else with it except a beverage of choice.

I just had that and my tummy is soooooooo happy!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:16 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,715,272 times
Cowgirl that sounds REALLY good! All I had tonight was Target brand Swift Mac N' Cheese. I didn't know Minneapolis had a Trader Joe's. I thought they were just a coastal store. I wonder if Denver will get some soon. Last time I visited a friend in Saint Paul we went to Whole Foods and it was the only one in the Twin Cities. Denver has tons of them.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
I know some of you are too far from Trader Joes (in MPLS) Welcome to Trader Joe's - Your Neighborhood Grocery Store
- but if you EVER get a chance to go near one, bring your cooler so you can pick up one of the best frozen veggie pouches i have ever had. It's Balsamic and Butter frozen Veggies. Orange pouch, I think. Mushrooms, red pepper, pearl onions, green pepper, green beans, all in a wonderful balsamic buttery sauce. To die for.

I slice a red potato almost potato chip thin. Sauté it in water till soft. Add any other veggies I like (green or red peppers, or zucchini. When that's all soft, I dump in half a bag of the Balsamic veggies and simmer till they are cooked. The whole shebang takes about 15 minutes. You don't need anything else with it except a beverage of choice.

I just had that and my tummy is soooooooo happy!
Thanks! I go to the Cities quite a bit, so I'll keep that in mind, next time I head that way! That sounds really good... It sounds like Trader Joe's has some interesting things... Things we couldn't normally find in Hy-Vee or the other grocery stores.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
I am munching on Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous! Even at $5 a box (this troop was collecting an extra dollar to send boxes to one of the girls' daddy in Iraq.)

Old 02-23-2009, 10:53 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,496,229 times
Taco Pie............
pyrex pan(9x12?)
on bottom spread a can of biscuits(Grands, or generic equevilent)
add browned & seasoned taco burger with onion
next layer is a can of refried beans
shredded cheese
bake @ 350....25 minutes?
after plating, add lettuce, tomatoes/salsa, sour cream........

Old 02-24-2009, 07:09 AM

1,582 posts, read 3,109,450 times
Quote:
Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous! Even at $5 a box (this troop was collecting an extra dollar to send boxes to one of the girls' daddy in Iraq.)

Wow! I had heard they had gone to $4 a box in some areas...sad, considering you are getting less cookies than last year, too! Ours are still $3.50, but we are pretty much in the middle of the country, so not so pricey an area! That's a cool thing, about the way they raised money to send cookies. Our troops were collecting money to send boxes of cookies, too.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:16 AM

1,582 posts, read 3,109,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Taco Pie............
pyrex pan(9x12?)
on bottom spread a can of biscuits(Grands, or generic equevilent)
add browned & seasoned taco burger with onion
next layer is a can of refried beans
shredded cheese
bake @ 350....25 minutes?
after plating, add lettuce, tomatoes/salsa, sour cream........
Yum! That was one of my favs growing up! Too bad my kid won't eat it!

Old 02-24-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
That's so great! Hopefully he'll get plenty!

I still have a can of Chocolate Covered Peanuts from my niece, who's a girl scout. I just don't have a sweet tooth though! Every once in a while, I'll munch on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota