Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 08:42 PM

415 posts, read 972,612 times

Advertisements

Yeah I had thought about looking into that as well. Since no one up here will hire him and or there just aren't any jobs up here. His late wifes Stepfather stopped over to My friends house just 10 minutes before I got there yesterday and talked my friend into signing over his Deed to the house in exchange for them paying the taxes. He was kind of out of it when I was there yesterday and took him quite a few minutes for him to explain what he did after his stepfather in law left. He told me that they weren't worried about getting the money back but it makes me wonder since they had him sign over his deed. Kinda of odd. He got a copy of the agreement or what have you he signed today and I wanna go over tomorrow sometime and look at it a bit more closely, I think he got screwed by his Stepmother and Stepfather in law and now he probably can't sell the house now if they hold the deed??? Oh and they invited him to their family get together at the local bar. Now isn't that just intelligent or what. They know damn well he has a drinking problem yet invited him to the bar for the shin dig. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I'll see what I can find out about the voc Rehab. I think I am gonna run him to town on monday for Grocery Shopping too with his food stamp card. Pending weather of course LOL.

Ok Back on topic lol
Yeah I agree with you Jammie, The bailout should help people out with their PRIMARY RESIDENCE ONLY. Not investment properties. I know I sure don't feel sorry for the lady you mentioned in your post. That just makes me sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 09:55 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,072 times
I third the idea that the bailout should be used to help people with only their primary residences and not investment properties.

The flipping and whimminess both added fuel to the overheated and overvalued housing market that fell apart and is likely to stagnate our economy for a little while.

Companies and individuals maybe need to practice and mandate good ethics, not only to just follow the rules. But they should adopt good ethics as a good business practice (incorporating long range thinking and thinking of cause-effect/consequences relationships instead of thinking myopically and whimsically. Businesses wouild be stronger in the longer term with a culture based in a strong ethics policy. Without a solid foundation of ethics, there would be a lack of trust for particular business and commerce and this would be costly and may feed bureaucracy and shortsightedness. Solid ethics and enforcement of ethics by profressions (CPAs, mortgage bankers, etc.) will help keep people in line instead of relying on heavy and costly government overregulation. We need to get back to and lay a foundation for a society of trust and respect.

Good ethics = good business.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:52 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
well u all will be happy to know that i heard from some top officials today that all the parasitic greedy orginisims called ceos wer going to be droped from air force one with their heavy golden parashutes from at least an altitude of 40?000 feet bad news is some leading scientist calculate that a catastrophic impact will result causing a 2012 global earthquake on the richter scale ending all mankind

Old 01-26-2009, 11:21 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,924,072 times
I have heard about the 2012 end of the world stuff and think that some are rushing to conclusions. To divert the the thought from the yucky apocolyptic talk of our world and auto industry, some creative thinking will be needed to help renew optimism with our nation and domestic auto industry. It will not be easy, but can be done. I would like to see Ford, GM, and Chrysler develop partnerships with others and think outside the box to come up with better ways of doing things. They can do it and need to get out of the current rut they are in.

The companies need new blood and a more progressive and quality focused leadership who is better for the long haul than instant gratification that can turn sour quick.

Why think apocolypse, when one can think outside the box and find solutions to what ails our world, nation, and the domestic automakers such as GM, Ford, and Chrysler.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:19 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
it was a joke about the greedy ceos nothing more well i just did some thinking inside the box and came to the conclusion that all greedy ceos giving themselves multi million dollar bonuses with bailout money should be tried and convicted as corupted greedy criminals that they are

Old 02-12-2009, 10:22 PM

542 posts, read 1,449,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsdreams View Post
I agree with you on this just about 100%. I do have one thing to say though. I'm hearing almost EVERY DAY from someone in passing something along the lines of "Well at least I have a job" or "Well, we're lucky to be working". For the most part, that is true. The problem is at some point, employers will take advantage of this situation and boderline abuse their employees in any number of ways because they know "hey, these people are lucky to be working for me..., I'll push them harder". On some levels, that's ok and all part of balancing out the system. You take the good with the bad and in hard times, things are well.... hard! But you do the best you can.

My point is, I'm working more hours now than I've worked in over 15 years and for less pay. Yesterday, I worked 16 hours straight because of an emergency. Did I get a thank you from anyone? NOPE!~ This morning I didn't come straight to the office as I had to stop at two different Architects to drop off various documents, what I got for my 16 hour day was a phone call wondering where I was first thing this morning since I was out running those errands. BUT "I'm lucky to be working!!".

Get my point?

People in China working 16 hour regular days for next to nothing will tell you "We're lucky to be working". My Wife's Mother in Colombia working 6 and 7 day weeks for roughly $400 per MONTH will tell you "I'm lucky to be working". People in Mexico working in a Dodge or GM Truck plant for $10 a day, or ladies in Jaurez, just South of the Texas border for roughly the same will also tell you "I'm lucky to be working". Is that where we are headed????? If the "I'm lucky to be working" mentality becomes too strong, the potential for these kinds of situations become very possible... Think about it and get back to me...
bravo on this post.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 PM

415 posts, read 972,612 times
I got this in an email today, OHHHHH HOW TRUE IT IS LOLOLOL

Shortly after class, an economics student approaches his economics
professor and says, "I don't understand this stimulus bill. Can you
explain it to me?"

The professor replied, "I don't have any time to explain it at my
office, but if you come over to my house on Saturday and help me with my
weekend project, I'll be
glad to explain it to you." The student agreed.

At the agreed-upon time, the student showed up at the professor's
house. The professor stated that the weekend project involved his
backyard pool.

They both went out back to the pool, and the professor handed the
student a bucket. Demonstrating with his own bucket, the professor said,
"First, go over to the deep end, and fill your bucket with as much water
as you can." The student did as he was instructed.

The professor then continued, "Follow me over to the shallow end, and
then dump all the water from your bucket into it." The student was
naturally confused, but did
as he was told.

The professor then explained they were going to do this many more times,
and began walking back to the deep end of the pool.

The confused student asked, "Excuse me, but why are we doing this?"

The professor matter-of-factly stated that he was trying to make the
shallow end much deeper.

The student didn't think the economics professor was serious, but
figured that he would find out the real story soon enough.

However, after the 6th trip between the shallow end and the deep end,
the student began to become worried that his economics professor had
gone mad. The student finally replied, "All we're doing is wasting
valuable time and effort on unproductive pursuits. Even worse, when this
process is all over, everything will be at the same level it was before,
so all you'll really have accomplished is the destruction of what could
have been truly productive action!"

The professor put down his bucket and replied with a smile,
"Congratulations. You now understand the stimulus bill."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota