Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:51 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,100,681 times

Advertisements

Happy New Year, all! We had a quiet night here - watched movies and had snacks! Hit the hay as soon as my 8 yr old made it to midnight! We are on EST here, so no cheating! LOL!

My resolution for this year is to have a better year than last year (otherwise I am NOT coming out from under my rock!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 08:17 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,396,250 times
Good to hear from you, no8fann.
I went to Omaha and had a great New Year's with some friends. I'm still recovering though. It was really nice to get out of town and take a short road trip.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:27 AM

19,720 posts, read 10,464,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no8fann View Post
Happy New Year, all! We had a quiet night here - watched movies and had snacks! Hit the hay as soon as my 8 yr old made it to midnight! We are on EST here, so no cheating! LOL!

My resolution for this year is to have a better year than last year (otherwise I am NOT coming out from under my rock!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1986 View Post
I went to Omaha and had a great New Year's with some friends. I'm still recovering though. It was really nice to get out of town and take a short road trip.
happy New year, to both of you, as well!
MJ.......sounds like a great time!

Old 01-02-2009, 08:40 AM

1,582 posts, read 3,100,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1986 View Post
Sounds like fun! Hopefully in the coming years, I will be close enough to people I care to go out with again and in a place where I care to go out! I enjoy it, but lately, I would rather just spend the evening at home with my kid! Watching Wall-E and Alvin and the Chipmunks holds more fascination for me than heading out to the campus bars...I must be getting old! LOL!

Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,360,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no8fann View Post
Sounds like fun! Hopefully in the coming years, I will be close enough to people I care to go out with again and in a place where I care to go out! I enjoy it, but lately, I would rather just spend the evening at home with my kid! Watching Wall-E and Alvin and the Chipmunks holds more fascination for me than heading out to the campus bars...I must be getting old! LOL!
No, you're getting mature and smart.

My New Year hasn't started out too great. I'm a bit better now, BUT got hit with a virus and those ole 102 temps kinda wreak havoc on a body. Maybe the bad stuff is out of the way for the end of 08 and start of 09. First a vacation we didn't care for and now a virus. I dunno, the only way to go is up, right?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:53 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,904,999 times
I spent New Years eve with family and was a low key event. It was good to get 2008 done and hopefully 2009 will bring a greater level of optimism and hope.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:00 AM

400 posts, read 1,235,499 times
Happy New Year All!!

We're back from Aberdeen and very glad to be too. Love spending time with family but Tues thru Sun is too long, good to be back in our own space.

We were at my mom's new years eve, in bed by 10:30 or so. Don't think we've seen midnight on New Years Eve for the last 5 years or more. I'm really ok with that.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:15 AM

444 posts, read 797,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
No, you're getting mature and smart.

My New Year hasn't started out too great. I'm a bit better now, BUT got hit with a virus and those ole 102 temps kinda wreak havoc on a body. Maybe the bad stuff is out of the way for the end of 08 and start of 09. First a vacation we didn't care for and now a virus. I dunno, the only way to go is up, right?
Hopefully it will be uphill now. Starting off the year sick stinks. I am looking forward to a better year for health, work and more fun with my kids.

Hope everyone else has the best year possible!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 PM

20,957 posts, read 5,519,581 times
Happy New Year! I spent it in Seattle, hoping the snow was going to hold off until I got home, and sure enough, it started just as I was getting off the bus in Aberdeen!

Hope that 2009 is a year of peace and prosperity for all my fellow CD'ers!

Old 01-08-2009, 07:55 PM

193 posts, read 784,589 times
I had an entertaining NYE at my neighbors playing Last Word and Pictionary. Stayed up until 1 in the morning. So far, 2009 has been pretty uneventful. Is that a good thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota