Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 08:10 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Yup. Mine is a grey. Talk about a wicked smart bird. She had a run in with one of the beagles, sqwaks and the whole thing, since that time the bird will not even mention that dogs name. And if the dog gets close to the cage the parrot will growl at her.
That's funny. There's a clip of Einstein growling. I didn't know they did that. How long have you had yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 08:14 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
That's funny. There's a clip of Einstein growling. I didn't know they did that. How long have you had yours?
It will be 9 years this July. The Bird was hatched in April of 03.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:49 AM

1st marriage.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:04 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post

1st marriage.

SD - is that YOU? LOL
How cool to raise a parrot from a hatchling.
You should post a couple little videos of her talking.
I want one, but... i know they are a LOT of work. And i thought you had to raise them in warmer climates.
Whenever i get down, I log on to einsteinparrot.com and just watch her for a couple of minutes.

Einstein sings, "Who Let The Dogs Out". - YouTube

Old 01-05-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
SD - is that YOU? LOL
How cool to raise a parrot from a hatchling.
You should post a couple little videos of her talking.
I want one, but... i know they are a LOT of work. And i thought you had to raise them in warmer climates.
Whenever i get down, I log on to einsteinparrot.com and just watch her for a couple of minutes.

Einstein sings, "Who Let The Dogs Out". - YouTube
Well the bird is kept nice and warm. We hae talked about trying to catch her on video. She is usually tuned up when we are out of the room.

Here is one of her with the stocking from Christmas.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:57 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
I'm going to make Millions. I found out that Timber, my dog, can talk.

Every night I'll want to stretch my legs so I go out on the porch and stand and look at the stars. Timber always likes to go out there too. It's got to where I'll ask her, "Wanna go look?" and she'll jump up and head for the door.

I did that tonight. I said, "Wanna go look?" and she jumped up and stood at the door ahead of me. I opened the door and she started out and I distinctly heard her say, as the air hit her and she made a u-turn right under my feet (I almost tripped over her), I swear I heard her say, "Whoa, get otta my way", as she turned. She went straight to the couch. I continued out to the top of the steps and looked at the stars and the beautiful moonlit snow across the meadow. I called Timber and I didn't catch all of it but she said something like "Are you ..... nuts?" I didn't catch the 3rd word.

It's currently -12°F.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:01 AM

819 posts, read 1,743,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I'm going to make Millions. I found out that Timber, my dog, can talk.

Every night I'll want to stretch my legs so I go out on the porch and stand and look at the stars. Timber always likes to go out there too. It's got to where I'll ask her, "Wanna go look?" and she'll jump up and head for the door.

I did that tonight. I said, "Wanna go look?" and she jumped up and stood at the door ahead of me. I opened the door and she started out and I distinctly heard her say, as the air hit her and she made a u-turn right under my feet (I almost tripped over her), I swear I heard her say, "Whoa, get otta my way", as she turned. She went straight to the couch. I continued out to the top of the steps and looked at the stars and the beautiful moonlit snow across the meadow. I called Timber and I didn't catch all of it but she said something like "Are you ..... nuts?" I didn't catch the 3rd word.

It's currently -12°F.
Does that mean your coming in to town to buy us all dinner?

Old 01-23-2012, 12:32 AM

Someone asked the other day what people do to annoy you. My answer was "breathe."

Old 01-27-2012, 07:01 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
The only cow in a small town in South Dakota stopped giving milk. The people did some research and found they could buy a cow in North Dakota for $200.00.

They bought the cow from North Dakota and the cow was wonderful. It produced lots of milk all of the time, and the people were pleased and very happy.

They then decided to acquire a bull to mate with the cow and produce more cows like it. They would never have to worry about their milk supply again. They went ahead and bought a bull to put in the pasture with their beloved cow.

However whenever the bull came close to the cow, the cow would move away. No matter what approach the bull tried, the cow would move away from the bull and he could not succeed in his quest.

The people were very upset and decided to ask the Vet, who was very wise, what to do. They told the Vet what was happening "Whenever the bull approaches our cow, she moves away. If he approaches from the back, she moves forward. When he approaches her from the front, she backs off. An approach from the side and she walks away to the other side."

The Vet thinks about this for a minute and asked, "Did you buy this cow in North Dakota?"

The people were dumbfounded, since they had never mentioned the cow's origins. "You are truly a wise Vet," they said. "How did you know we got the cow in North Dakota?"

The Vet replied with a distant look in his eye, "My wife is from North Dakota..."

Old 01-30-2012, 02:04 PM

Roses are Grey
Violets are Grey
I'm a dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota