Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2006, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,821 times

Advertisements

Seeking information on an old stock certificate I found while cleaning a family residence in Hot Springs. I was born in Custer and lived there until 1960.

The certificate is for the Morristown Equity Exchange and is dated 1915.

No one in my family can recall any association with Morristown and my grandfather came to the Custer area in the 1930's. I would love to hear from anyone in the Morristown area who might be able to shed some light on this curiosity.

Thanks,
Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2006, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 6,905 times
Default From Morristown

Hi,
I lived in Morristown 2000-2003. My Mother re-married to Bill Nehl, son of Ted & Eilene Nehl, who are also from Morristown.
When my step-brother was born in 2000 he was the 89th member of the town. Let me know if you have any questions or need information, I can put you in contact with Bill. Good luck!
Jenn

Old 04-06-2009, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,615 times
Saw an add for a home for sale in Morristown would like more information about the area from someone who knows the area as I am interested in perhaps a summer home there Thanks

Old 04-06-2009, 12:34 PM

51 posts, read 27,145 times
Quote:
Saw an add for a home for sale in Morristown would like more information about the area from someone who knows the area as I am interested in perhaps a summer home there Thanks
I grew up in the area but left 20+ years ago.. Lived in Morristown throughout high school and a couple of years after.
I would guess that Morristown has a few less people now than when the above poster lived there. It has a bank, bar/grill, Post Office, Lutheran and Catholic Churches, and (I think) a repair business. There is no filling station or grocery store so you'll have to get gas/groceries in Lemmon or McIntosh.
Lemmon (1000+) is 21 miles to the west. It has a decent hardware (general) store, a couple restaurants, filling stations, grocery store, K-12 school, two decent hotels, etc. It also has most major religions represented.
McIntosh (300+) is 17 miles to the east and has a grocery store, filling station, bar/grill, K-12 school, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Baptist and Catholic churches.
Bismarck ND (50,000+) is the closest bigger town at about 100+ miles. After being in the area awhile, you won't think twice about making that drive for some real shopping.
The Black Hills are 2-3 hours south and makes for a nice weekend getaway.

The cost of living will be significantly less than almost anywhere but the lack of basic needs within immediate grasp can be challenging so planning ahead is an important skill.

The people in Morristown (and in the northwest part of the state) are open and friendly. They typically welcome newcomers and, if you let them, will try to help you in any way they can.

I left because I was sick of agriculture and wanted to experience a slightly faster pace of life but often think that going back wouldn't be such a bad thing..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota